2009: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Administrator

Yeah, I think Dena's going to be there until the end too. I don't think DAYS is dull....I think it's very simple storytelling (which I'm enjoying) and the show is consistent and has a vision. Of course I credit Tomlin for the vision. As long as Dena's not driving the bus, I'm fine with her just helping out with story.

Since DS is just a SW, she's not going to make a difference if the show is good or bad.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
:( So they want a show that bores me to death?

Maybe I just haven't watched in awhile, but I used to have Mondays off and I'd try to catch the first half and it was just so frickin' DULL.

Sounds a little AA of me, but I'm hoping he gets picked up after his trial run. He's a soap fan and he's a minority as well(didn't someone say that he's Asian?).

Yep. No writer on the show makes a difference in terms of good or bad story. Not even the "Co-Head Writers."

My guess is sometime in October?

• Members

I just read it. Thanks for the heads up. Courtney Simon hasn't done squat to help out ATWT. She has been there for years yet she lets the show go down the drain. Josh Griffith was a good script writer during his time on ATWT. I know he was bad at Y&R. What happened to his move to GH?? And why wasnt Toups on top of this story...?...LOL

• Members

:lol: :lol: :lol:

We should definitely re-visit Josh Griffith's re-writing of Maria's bibles/outlines/whatever. He was clearly in violation of WGA rules, which is inexcusable - there were other ways to correct the problem.

Is it still a mystery how much he changed, for how long he was re-writing her stuff etc.?

• Administrator

Trust me, I had the news. ;) I just can't post the news right away. I have to protect my sources. Like i said before, I rather i have my sources than be the first person to post any news.

You can't seriously blame Courtney for ATWT's quality - that goes to Goutman and JP! From everyone I talked to in the industry, Courtney is the sweetest person you could meet and is a very helpful script editor. I hope Gary Tomlin hires her - she was the "ace" I was talking about a few days ago. Courtney's a big name in the industry and I think she's a great SW.

His trial wasn't picked up.

This smells of Sarnoff since Josh and a client, so is JP, Kreizman .....and Courntey's with another agent. Also Goutman's lost his mind, as we all know. Whatever, ATWT's going to be cancelled in a year (maybe sooner) while I'm sure Courntey's going to be snapped up by another show.

Josh and Courtney were going to be my September (or October) teasers. Oh well.

Archived