2009: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Okay I know when I suggested a while back that the GL writer Pratt wanted was Chris Dunn there was some question as to whether they had even crossed paths before (at Santa Barbara) or had just missed each other, but all of sudden Dunn has friended Pratt, Daran Little, and Tracey Thomson on Facebook. Pratt and Thomson maybe, but I doubt he would know Daran Little unless he was now working at AMC. Hmmmm....

• Members

Dunn joined GL as a breakdown writer during the Labine era. The wonderful time travel storyline was the brainchild of Lloyd Gold. Gold started the "Time travel" arc as his big "launch" storyline (he followed Labine). Two months into his run, Dunn was promoted to co-HW (after P&G was apparently nervous about Gold's 'introduction'). Dunn's work as co-HW hit the airwaves in September 2001, well when the time travel was diminishing.

• Members

I thought the time travel stuff was later than September. In September, the Boudreaux family was introduced and the show focused on the college set for a while. During the time travel stuff, Reva was in jail with a slave, played by Shari Headley. This had to be at least October or November 2001, and Reva still hadn't travelled to Germany yet.

I remember reading in Michael Logan's column Paul Raunch said they had bought the story bible for the time travel plot from another writer. Does anyone else recall this?

• Members

I think another one of Gold/Dunn's stories was the Beth/Lorelei thing. There was still tons of focus on San Cristobel and the mob, and that awful Catalina character.

Although Dunn's story inclinations are probably irrelevant since I would assume he's only going to fill the open scriptwriter slot.

• Members

He's been at GL for years now. Before that he was at Sunset Beach for its entire run I think. Before that he was at Santa Barbara for its last year or two. Not the greatest track record.

In other AMC news a Coronation Street site is claiming (don't know how reliable it is) that Daran Little is back writing for that show and that his stint at AMC is over: http://coronationstreetupdates.blogspot.com/2009/07/daran-little-returns-to-coronation.html

Edited to add: Little is indeed back at Coronation Street. An episode of his aired last week. So unless ABC is letting him do both in exchange for a paycut or something...

• Administrator

August Teasers:

- B&B: Writer IN

- ATWT: Writer OUT

- ATWT: Writer IN

- DAYS: Writer OUT

Thanks for news, KK. I would've been surprised if it wasn't Dunn that Pratt was talking about. I thought he might go to DAYS because he knows Tomlin.

So I guess he's replacing Daran Little or is he taking Michelle Patrick's place as a SW.

Archived