2009: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Members

I wonder if he(or his agents) are demanding too high a salary.

Gotta love how Giddens and Co. are encroaching on your territory and adding writer news to their trashy segments. They'll never be the PerezHilton or NikkiFinke of daytime, no matter how hard they try.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

We can only hope she learned well from mama. After the 2008 Emmys where that speech pissed me off, I kind of grew to realize what Phelps' good qualities are. If matched with a great writer, Jill can do anything to raise the production values on a soap.

Courtney's studying directing too, right?

• Members

People have their reasons for hating her, but Jill is a very talented woman, IMO.

From a production standpoint, her shows are always well produced and directed, and more than anyone else, she can make the written material come alive. She's a gifted technical producer. The key with her is always matching her with the right HW, which is hardly ever the case it seems.

She might be a bitch or whatever, but she does her job and she works her ass off.

• Members

Yes, she's an editor. I'm going to have to watch this particular episode because I tend to enjoy the work of directors who have a history of editing. They're truly able to see things from the outside, as a director should. I'm not saying I'll enjoy her direction, but I wanna see if her talent in editing translates into directing. Old school directors like Robert Wise (edited Citizen Kane, Magnificent Ambersons) when he directed West Side Story. Even contemporary directors like Henry Chan (who edited sitcoms before directing them). I like seeing if their "eye" for editing performances and cuts translates into directing on the stage itself.

Archived