2009: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Members

Probably the way it's being assumed that I hate Amanda L. Beall's "bitch-tastic" writing because of personal reasons. Someone says it, people believe it, next thing you know... R. Sinclair saw Amanda L. Beall at the Stamford Town Center and had his posse of homegirls beat her down in the parking garage wearing chiffon dresses and patent leather shoes, all while pummelling Beall with bats that read "R. RULES! L. DROOLS!"

:rolleyes:

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

So, you thought that too, eh, Alvin. I didn't think Sylph personally hated Alden though, just JFE. I think it started last year, in one of the Y&R threads where we talked about writers. JFE discussion came up and Rain1 told us how she had both B&B and Y&R contracts. Then it somehow came up that Sylph, allegedly, personally hated JFE. Does this sound familiar, Alvin?

It's just speculation because I cannot see one hate on someone else so much when they've never met that person. And it's been years since she wrote those pieces of dialgoue and it seems like you're never going to let it go. I praised ALB for one episode and you "had to speak up", almost as if you couldn't handle her getting some type of praise, that she somehow can't do anything good, and it made you sick.

Oh and you're both from the same area, so maybe you guys crossed paths. LOL ;)

• Administrator

GL:

- Nidhi Mehta first listed as Writer on August 26

Weird that they would give a production coordinator, not a writers assistant, a chance to write a script.

ETA: Oops, nevermind, just check the GL end credits and Nidhi was a writers assitant in 2006 and 2007.

Probably on vacation. Sometimes I don't understand the scheduling at all. LOL Like at ATWT, Leslie Nipkow already had 7 out of the first 15 episodes in August - talk about work overload. Or back to AMC, how come they couldn't give one of the scripts to any of the outline writers, or a writers assitant, instead of having poor Chip Hayes writing 3 in a week.

• Members

AMC's Daran Little is still writing Coronation Street episodes. It seems like Corrie has a pretty large pool of writers and so any given writer's episodes get nicely spaced apart. So I guess he is balancing both shows. His writing seems to be very highly regarded among Corrie viewers; they single him out alot for praise.

• Members

This is just my impression from reading some interviews he has done over the years. I think Daran Little as headwriter with no interference from Frons (which would obviously never happen) would have done wonders for the show. He seems to be all about character; he's the exact opposite of Pratt. He also seems to have some interesting life experiences (for example he got married and fathered two children with his wife before finally coming out of the closet). I bet he wanted to throttle Pratt during the Reese/Zach mess.

• Administrator

I can't believe I didn't ask around about this earlier when I noticed the rotation of the names keep on changing....but apparently GH is listing episode breakdown writers!! :o It's the first writer listed in the breakdown writers section. I am on the hunt to find as man episodes I can on the internet now. Must. Document. Breakdown. Writers. :D

Archived