2009: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thought so from the get-go.

So far Mulcahey was always heavily involved in Susan Flannery's stories: Stephanie's faked heart attack (which he brought as a bouquet when joining the show) and the recent stroke story. He was however never given consultant credits and just wrote most of the scripts. Wonder what it means now that he's being called consultant. This could really get good...

• Members

I still don't quite know why Daran Little was brought to an American soap, much less AMC, which has nothing in common with the British soaps he wrote for. He was best known for stories about gay men, especially young, confused gay men, and AMC has not had one of those since 1998.

• Members
I'm willing to predict that was a.) luck and b.) the stars aligning. I'm not saying that Pat didn't put in a good word for Sarah, but I think B&B was looking for a name from the beginning for the role.

I can only hope so. Mulcahey is a brilliant writer and if given the opportunity, the show would be way more ensemble and way less Brooke/Ridge/Taylor/Stephanie all the time.

Thank God Brad Bell woke the f*ck up! Even if Mulcahey is just a story consultant.

• Members

Well, since Jerry Birn retired, Brad probably needed another consultant and knew that Patrick has contributed tons stories at SB, GL, and GH. I'm happy Patrick got a promotion at B&B, hopefully, this is the beginning of B&B getting more balanced and entertaining. It probably won't be, depending on Brad Bell's ADD, but at least he's making an attempt to shake things up a bit.

• Members

Daran Little responded to one of my tweets. I asked him why he left AMC and if he would ever consider a hw job of an American soap. He only answered the first part. This is what he said:

I thought that was cool of him to respond. I am still so curious as to why his joining AMC initially was "off the books" and only after there was probing was his name added to the credits. I know there was a strike going on but I wonder if ABC had greater plans for him.

Archived