2009: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've been lucky enough to have spent the day on various sets watching the shows being taped. 2X ATWT, 2X GL and 2X OLTL 1 time I was able to be on the OLTL set as Erika Slezak was taping scenes between Viki & Niki. How she was able to distinguish between the 2 charaters was amazing. It was fascinating to witness!

• Members

Hmmm...interesting to see how David will do as new script editor. ATWT is running out of time. November will be the key month. But I have a feeling CBS alreadys knows what they are going to do. ATWT may be trailing the other soaps but they arent where GL was in the ratings and the production values are still good. Josh Griffith is a good script writer. I am glad he is back as a SW and not a script editor. I liked his scripts during his time on ATWT.

• Members

The "real" Kreizman is the guy who won an Emmy at GL and brought the show back into the ratings pack by the end of 2006 when it was out of the pack under Ellen Weston when he became head writer in 2004. Into 2007, fan reception to Kreizman was still mixed, but on the favorable side for quite a few -- certainly not universally negative. Kreizman is not a "show killer," despite what Nelson likes to say, although of course like any writer he can make mistakes.

So there's a good two-plus years of "good" Kreizman left going by that evidence. That's the "real" David Kreizman.

As for your spoilers, to me it's too much speculation about what would have been a story and so-and-so slotting into it and replacing this one or that one. I'm gonna just wait and see what the story is that's presented. I agree with you about Dusty/Bonnie, but think maybe Kreizman has another story in mind for Bonnie.

Archived