2009: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

I'm curious to see who'll be shifting over too. And maybe some will transfer to OLTL? Francesca lives in NY now? I thought she was LA based and that's why she's not a full time director.

Andrew Lee's on contract at Y&R.

• Members

Ah, didn't know Lee was on contract. Thanks.

I thought FJ was in LA as well, and that Carruthers let her direct an episode or two whenever she happened to be in New York. But according to her Facebook profile she's in New York. Which means all this time Carruthers could have been using her more, unless that's all FJ wanted to do.

I have to admit I kind of hope Conal O'Brien and Casey Childs and Steven Williford don't commute and direct a cluster of episodes at a time. The directing on AMC has been been lacking (at best) for a long time now. The exception, of course, is Angela Tessinari.

• Members

Taylor has to have a friend/relative somewhere high up the ranks at ABC. She has survived way too many regime changes. She even survived McTavish's return and McTavish always gets rid of the people who joined the show in her absence (which Taylor did..I think?), be they actors or writers. Even Richard Culliton didn't get rid of her and, while his headwriting abilities can be debated, Culliton did build a top notch script team, except for Taylor.

• Members

Ah, okay so she was a McTavish hire afterall. That explains alot. I thought she joined when Agnes Nixon and Elizabeth page were co-headwriting.

I knew she had left and came back when Culliton was HW, but I can't understand why he would bring her back. Whatever his flaws Culliton has a good ear for dialogue.

Archived