2009: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm taking bets on Karen Harris being Head-Writer(Wishful thinking I know). Maybe another General Hospital writer or someone from Julie Hanan Carruthers' previous working experience. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw some GH/PC people brought over to work on AMC: LA.

But then again, this IS Frons we're talking about. What Frons wants, he gets.

• Members

Forgive me. Wasn't trying to be condescending. It's just that you only specified writing staff:

I'm taking bets on Karen Harris being Head-Writer(Wishful thinking I know). Maybe another General Hospital writer or someone from Julie Hanan Carruthers' previous working experience. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw some GH/PC people brought over to work on AMC: LA.

• Members

I was thinking HHS would join the show up until Kubla Kahn said that all the current producers are likely moving to LA. But if HHS wrote for AMC during the strike then Julie owes her one.

As I was thinking about Pratt's replacement I kept coming back to Karen Harris as well. The last 2 headwriters have all been people JHC has worked with before. And Harris was a scriptwriter for AMC briefly a few years ago. And she did an interview where she mentioned that she is (or was) an AMC fan. Would she leave the crown jewel for AMC though (even if it would take her from scriptwriter to headwriter)?

I loved Port Charles when JHC first took over as EP and Karen Harris was the headwriter.

• Members

Maybe Hal Corley, Judith Donato, and Karen Lewis (if she wants to come out of her supposed retirement) will all be back on their way to AMC. I remember Broderick bringing them to ATWT from AMC when she got there. She must at least have a decent rapport with them.

Or maybe not and the staff will stay relatively the same.

• Members

Don't these news just make you wish other shows would apply this? Fire the stupid hacks (we all know that almost every single show has them) and hire either a successful ex-writer or a new writer... just do something already besides letting those lazy ass talentless people run our shows.

• Members

The problem is it seems like Lorraine may just be there while Frons is finding someone else. He may not have any real plans to use her for more than a brief run, and she may not want to stay. For all we know in a week we could hear B&E are back.

Archived