2009: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Administrator

If I kept your team, I'd move some people around. I'd move Karen Lewis to SW because she's always been a SW and I'd move Courtney Simon to SW too because you'd want her to write scripts. Then I'd move Beldner to BDW. Then you would add one more to the BDW team because having 3 isn't enough. So here's a better version of your team. ;)

Head Writer

Lorraine Broderick

Co-Head Writer

Frederick Johnson (who will also write breakdowns)

Associate Head Writers

Jeff Beldner

Hal Corley

[open slot]

Script Editor

Michelle Patrick

Script Writers

Karen Lewis

Courtney Simon

Judith Donato

Kate Hall

Joanna Cohen

Total = 11 writers :)

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Karen Lewis was Broderick's Script Editor at ATWT, did she serve in the same capacity on AMC in the 90's under Broderick?

Also, I believe Hal Corley was Broderick's unofficial Co-HW at both AMC (after the Millee Taggart fiasco) and ATWT, so they have to have had a very good rapport.

As for the vacant AHW in Toups's list, how about a newly unemployed Carolyn Culliton?

But I think Addie Walsh will get remain under Broderick, so there really won't be a vacant spot.

• Members

Sure, I'm OK with that. It might indeed be better.

Y&RWorldTurner, there is a reason why I shuffled these. I.e. I demoted Beldner, but now I see that he might be better suited for breakdowns given the cr?p that passes daily onto the TV screen. I believe Frederick to be a better choice than Corley, and I hope that once his OLTL contract expires he will be invited to join AMC. Or... He might join sooner if they at ABC organize an exchange, swap of writers.

• Administrator

It's hard to tell sometimes due to the way the credits were in the 90's. Sometimes there was a name below the BDWs and above the SW and sometimes there were not. So if we go by the single names: Elizabeth Smith (1995), Millee Taggart (1996), Christina Covino (1997); and her SE's at ATWT: David Cherrill (1998), Karen Lewis (1999)

Yeah, it looks like in 1995 and 1996, Corly was her Co-HW; and again in 1998/1999 at ATWT - with Addie Walsh too.

Oh I'm sure Addie will stay too, I was just going by Sylph's pool of writers.

I'm sure Fred's going to be smart and wait until ABC names a permanent HW. What if he joins AMC under Broderick, and then ABC names, oh say, Megan McTavish as the permanent HW - if the rumours are true about Fred and Megan not getting along.

Maybe not if TT was a Friend of Pratt's.

• Members

Thank you! :) And just in case I haven't drilled it into people's braincells, the episode that made me puke was that July 4, 2007 episode she and Beall wrote. What did people want to check out on their day off while getting ready for their cookouts? Well, certainly not a bunch of women who hated each other trapped in Fusion of all places... with nothing but bitchy dialogue masked as comedy that wouldn't even make it past a high school theatre arts program.

• Administrator

Every single writer has had bad episodes. Tell me a writer who's been perfect, who hasn't written any bad episodes before.

Do you even watch AMC? I never see you talk about it - episode discussion or historical discussion (past storylines, past HWs/EPs, etc). It seems like you're going by RSinclair's word: not liking Addie; including Joanna Cohen and Kate Hall on your list.

• Administrator

Suuuure. ;) You're like the guy who reads the box scores instead of watching the game - you know the final score but you don't know what really happened within the game.

If we were watching a baseball game, say Phillies vs Yankees, it would like this:

Toups: Why the hell did Manuel leave Pedro in to go up against Matsui? Matsui homered off him earlier in the game! WTF!

Sylph: Phillies lost - fire Manuel now.

Toups: He made a mistake. Manuel and the Phillies won last year.

Sylph: Doesn't matter. Fire him. Don't like him.

:)

Archived