2009: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I absolutely dread the thought of him running AMC. No matter how much love for the soap he proclaimed while still writing for ATWT.

I mean, it's easy for me to say: Frons, hire Sheffer so that I can see him off Y&R. But at the same time, I would be calling for another soap to be destroyed. I don't want to do that.

• Members

Yeah he seems to have a similiar style to writing soaps that Pratt does, definitely wouldn't be a step up.

I think LB should be given a chance to prove herself.

I do wonder how much LB will be able to write that Frons won't interfere with. That's what scares me, Frons is who approves everything, so how much of it is the HW's/writers and how much of it is Frons?

• Members

LOL! That's true, but I'm also sick of the type of storylines Sheffer likes to recycle from soap to soap. Also, like Sylph said:

Frons should have hired Tomlin to EP AMC when he had the chance to. It was rumored that Tomlin might be moving to AMC after his strike fiasco at OLTL, wasn't it?

Anyway, Frons could easily get those classically soapy storylines that DAYS has going for itself with Broderick, and the woman loves doing baby switch storylines. But it doesn't appear he wants that type of storytelling at ABC, no matter how much better DAYS is doing.

Yeah, this thread died a little this year (well, compared to previous years).

Next year should be even more dead if some big shakeups aren't made at the existing soaps, and we all know that should happen...

• Members

Frons needs to re-hire Burton Armus! :lol: Remember that? And that "lighting director" who said how Lorraine Broderick used to swear a lot on the set? :lol: Fun times!

How are we doing in that department? B&B is pretty much set, nothing too interesting happens there.

If Y&R stays this way, we can see more obnoxious hirings and firings. :rolleyes:

ATWT is set for life with Kreizman. :rolleyes:

DOOL didn't have much writers activity.

GH - you know.

OLTL - nothing much happening there either.

Archived