2009: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Like Bellcurve said, we have a winner!

Anne's also BFF with Beth Milstein.

And I was just checking the credits, Anne was a consultant in 1992, not 1994 - my mistake in her profile.

Don't know why Y&R needed another SW now since they went months without any changes. But I noticed that Freiwald/Schreiber haven't been writing much lately. Haven't heard of any other changes yet.

• Members

Yay for me! LOL

I'm not necessarily opposed to Anne, but Y&R is such a mess right now and I find the general day to day writing and dialogue to be the weakest on this show that its ever been. I think Milstein is weak script editor too.

God, as much as I want Sheffer away from Y&R, AMC doesn't deserve yet another recycled writer the reeks the same type of havoc from show to show, which is what they'll get when Sheffer's recycled bag of old tricks wears thin in a short amount of time.

Sheffer's proved to me that he wasn't meant for serial writing. His latter years at ATWT, DAYS, and now Y&R reaffirm this to me.

I'm sure Whitesell is forever in debt to Tomlin, it would be difficult to seperate them at this point, but money always talks. LOL

• Members

Sheffer is definitely a huge part of what's wrong with Y&R (many of the common themes on Y&R right now were apparent in his past shows), but nothing is ever going change with Maria's inexperience and Sheffer's craptastic wannabe primetime writing sensibility also guiding the creative path of this show.

I can accept that we might be stuck with Maria, but the least she can do is better a better f.ucking Co-Head Writer and a better Co-EP than Paul Rauch. A better and smaller staff of writers would also be nice. Someone who knows what they're doing should do the hiring and firing on this writing team.

• Administrator

But you hate Sheffer and Y&R is one of your shows, and you're not that much of an AMC fan. You should want Frons to steal Sheffer away. LOL

If I'm Frons, I'm thinking: Okay, my competitor is kicking my ass and DAYS is mostly up against AMC. DAYS has been going steady for the past year now, so what I can do to try and rock their boat. I'll tell Chris to do whatever he did at DAYS to get AMC's ratings up.

If I'm Whitesell, I'm thinking: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$..........and I get credit as sole Head Writer, instead of doing the most work and being "under" Dena Higley who does crap. It would also being a great challenge to save another soap. Also if I ever get fired from AMC and if Gary's still at DAYS, I know I will always have a job there.

Yeah, Sheffer joining AMC as HW would be so great for this thread in 2010 in terms of writer transactions.

Archived