2009: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Administrator

Oh that's interesting! So my hope of of a Passions reunion at DAYS can happen now. Come on Tomlin, bring Lisa on as a producer while not losing Noel Maxam either. Or maybe she's staying in NY and joining OLTL to help their crew set up and get use to the studio?

And I guess HHS got rewarded for "helping" JHC out during the strike.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Back when Michael Malone left OLTL in the mid-90s it was reported in one of the magazines that Nancy Curlee and Stephen Demorest were being strongly considered to replace him. So she was probably consulting for ABC Daytime in the months leading up to that time. Too bad we got the Leah Laiman/Peggy Sloane/Jean Passanante regime instead.

• Members

What the hell? Like Y&R needs another member of that already boated writing staff.

If anything, they should be getting rid of people. I do not get the business and creative strategy that goes into that show. Whatever it is, it's clearly not working. Y&R is a mess both in front and behind the camera.

Oh well, I guess we might as well start the guessing....

Is it a Script Writer or Breakdown writer? Has this writer written for Y&R before?

In other news, SOD is reporting that Lorraine Broderick is only back at AMC as an Associate Head Writer, and no official Head Writer has been chosen...

• Members

Is it someone from the Bell universe, or someone that worked for a while under Latham?

When was the last this person wrote scripts for Y&R?

It makes me believe she's only back for the transition, and Frons wants someone else there officially. If not, I don't understand why they can't officially name her as Pratt's replacement.

• Administrator

Yes, the writer has been part of the "Bell universe" but doesn't have many years in that universe. The writer did not work under Latham at Y&R.

I don't know if this person wrote any episodes for Y&R since I don't have any credits to showcase that - I just said he/she worked for the show.

Think of the "second connection" to Y&R....it could be through someone else who used to work for the show, who was a BIG part of the Bell universe. ;)

Who could Frons be going after then? Maybe Hogan Sheffer. LOL But I were Frons I'd try to steal Chris Whitesell away from Gary Tomlin. Take Gary's go-to-guy away from him and try to rock DAYS' boat a bit.

• Members

My guesses:

Thom Racina(still connected via Tony and Suckass-Morona)

Rex Best(even though he's at B&B )

Lyndsey Dufour/Marina Alburger(probably still have friends at Y&R, probably kissed Maria's ass and renounced Lethal. Knowing how crazy incestuous this business is, they probably got another shot.)

Has Ryan Quan only written episodes for DAYS or did he also do a script for Y&R last year?

Which scriptwriters did Hogan work with on ATWT that may have also worked for Y&R?

Archived