2009: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Hmm....another anaolgy......Sylph will read reviews but won't actually watch the movie. Then he'll regurgitate whatever's in the review and doesn't actually discuss what happens or explain his likes/dislikes in the film (he'll only repeat what the reviewer said).

I bit my tongue when you included Cohen and Hall on your list - not because they're good or bad or anything but because I thought, "Really? Since when in the past 3 years has he ever mentioning liking these two? Does he even watch AMC? He never talks about the show." I let it go. But then you gave your reason of not including Addie Walsh and I just had to call BS on that. It seems to me like you're piggy backing on other people's likes/dislikes - you're acting like a poser, a pretender. I just wish you'd open up more and be real. This is a discussion board, not a statements board.

• Members

You were right on the money: According to this week's Suds Report, citing SOW, Lisa de Cazotte is not making the move and Harmel Smith is taking over her spot.

Which is kind of strange...doesn't Lisa live primarily in LA?

And Lisa would know the new studio inside and out since she produced Night Shift there.

• Members

That has nothing to do with it. Lisa de Cazotte nee Hesser also knows ABC studio 23 inside out since she was a producer at AMC in the mid 1990's as well (Lisa Hesser)... look how well that turned out for the current production values. Knowing a soundstage has nothing to do with knowing how to execute a vision.

• Members

I was really surprised at how good HSH's scripts were as well. There was one episode she did when Erica and Carmen were trapped in a discount store (I think) and the stuff she wrote for Erica was better than anything the trained scriptwriters were churning out.

• Members

:lol: The Angie / Jesse wedding was some of the best stuff that year and preposterous as well. I remember when Uncle Rob had Angie at gunpoint and, for no reason, decided to enter the ballroom with her, shoot his gun a bunch of times and then exit. I was like, "Why the f uc k are you going in the ballroom, just get out already!" :lol:

That was actually Agnes Nixon ghostwriting. :lol: Seriously though, I liked those scenes as well, because without forcing the issue, it summarized Erica's history, how she came from nothing and became successful.

Archived