AMC: Friday, December 19, 2008

• Members

He must be on vacation. I can't believe they wouldn't use him for a funeral episode unless he wasn't available. Although he did have his salary drastically reduced, according to Agnes, so maybe his guarantees for the year have been used up. The Martins' absence was the only negative part of the episode.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The best episode this year. Too bad Adam, Ruth and Joe were not shown, as well as Rae and Skye (I did like the mention however)...BTW, I always like when they mention old characters....like Les Baxter, Jenny, Tara Martin, Kelly Tyler ecc.

My eyes welled up when Bianca started to sing and Erica was shown heart broken. The best of La Lucci.

Myrtle, Eileen you will be missed :(

• Members

What a poignant episode...OMG. I was teary at the first flashbacks but held it together until I saw Kelly...after that...waterworks!

I am so glad they waited and didn't try to rush something together...this was so beautifully done. Reminded me what I loved about this show from day 1. I still remember being in my sophomore year of college and rushing back from class to watch the first episode. So many stories and "friends" over the years...but Eileen H was my favorite...somehow she reminded me of my Mom. Feisty but always a "lady".

EH, you are missed. :wub:

Oh yeah, TK's poem was so beautiful & perfect...as was the song Eden sang. Wow.

• Members

Okay, on a lighter note, was I the only one who got spooked when that woman put Myrtle's picture on the easel and Erica crossed over to it, and just as she started to lovingly stroke Myrtle's face, Eden's voice belted out "ONCE UPON A TIIIIIIIME...!"

I mean, what with all the posthumous gifts, crystal ball flashbacks and carnie paraphernalia, I honestly thought for a split second it was a touch-activated singing photograph.

• Members

I was watching the show , when a friend of mine who has only a passing familiarity with AMC joined me. It wasn't long before I heard giggles, then laughing, then uproarious laughing. These were all during dramatic scenes , by the way. I asked her what's up. She said the woman being lauded seemed fine, but she had never seen such amateur acting in all her life. She singled out Erica and Bianca as the worst. I suddenly realized I had to agree with her. If I saw those two do their phony hug one more time, I was going to scream. The whole episode was an embarrassment.

• Members

Wow if this episode was an embarrassment then the rest of the year of all soaps is really bad then. To me this stands up there as one of the best episodes of soap operas this year or many other years.

I don't see Lucci or Riegel any worse actors than I have seen in primetime and they definitely are not the worst actors in daytime.

I guess to each his own and that is what makes the world go around. But personally there are many many many other episodes that I would call an embarrassment but not this one. I would be proud to show this to anyone who hasn't watched soaps.

Archived