Y&R: Week of December 15, 2008

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Man. I had to laugh at the way Michael kind of.. screeched at his father. The scenes there weren't bad, but that was just a bit much and it made me laugh. I do like this storyline with Michael and his father, though. I really hope they're keeping River on long term with how they're developing him as a bit more of a conman type of thing and see how his relationship with Eden goes from there since he was basically using her. It's not the best, no, and it's had it's ups and downs, but I've enjoyed the characters involved.

• Members

I think in the past they would have edited that out and reshot that scene, but nowadays it is one take and move on. That was a long scene and they probably weren't willing to reshoot the whole thing. It still was good drama and I felt for Michael. Some may question why Michael covered for Gloria and not his father but River is a stranger who abandoned him and now has used him. I think Michael hates that covering for Gloria has put his own family at risk and he is not about to do that again.

• Members

Those two families are definitely the weak points of the show. The Baldwins have potential; I'm liking Gloria as a schemer and a supporting character. But I couldn't give a shite about River/Lowell or Eden. And Michael/Lauren need some shaking up.

The Winters are just a mess. And you're right...Tyra just isn't working at all. I think Karen could be a great heroine; Nia Peeples has impressed me with her talent. But you're right - the Winters need a nasty, straight-up triflin' mega bitch to add some conflict.

As for Olivia, they need to give her something to do other than being a busybody. TLW can do the soapy drama. And yep, she looks marvelous.

• Members

GOOD show! Now I have to wonder, "Did Victor REALLY kill Walter Palin?" And because of the tampering from Adam/Jack, does that mean he will get off free? Enjoyed the ending, Vail Bloom did good today. A little part of me felt sorry for Gloria, but then I remembered what I had to endure to get here and it all went away.

Archived