Y&R: Week of December 15, 2008

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree. Although I'm a little concerned because some of the current setups seem like exit storylines for newer and promising characters.

I love this cool new "black background Y&R logo" that CBS used in their promos last week.

• Members

Oh I'm with you, I LOVE "Jill's Whore Hair"...Jess Walton could easily rock that today, I feel it would make her look even younger, can you believe she's hitting the big 6-0 this February?! She easily passes for 50 and could even pass for a 'used up' 45.

The way she's cut her hair for Monday's episode is the shortest it's ever been and it looks MUCH better than the mid-length flipped out style she'd been sporting for the last few years. If Jess insists on keeping her hair shorter (WHY JESS WHY?!) then this is the style to keep it at, the flipped out look is matronly.

Actually, since MAB came aboard the show Jess has been looking particularly better than everyone else. It seems like MAB made a few calls to her pals on Rodeo Drive and got Jill Abbott's wardrobe an update. Really, the cast as a whole is looking more stylish.

• Members

I noticed Jill's hair, and love the sophisticated smoothed out hairstyle much better than the choppy mess. I think the wardrobe all around has improved significantly, with the majority looking like the upper class business people they are portraying. Except for Sharon who still looks like she shops at the trailer trash second hand store, but that has always been that characters style.

I found Monday's episode a tad boring. I am so sick to death at the show acting like Neil and Tyra are some kind of soul mates. Especially since they keep emphasizing that she is only 27, and he has to be pushing 50. It isn't Karen that makes the pairing with Neil boring, it is that Neil is such a boring, set in his ways, fuddy duddy of a character. The only reason him and Dru worked well was because they were complete opposites, and Tyra is no Dru. Why can't they pair her with Adam, or Cane, or Billy, or Kevin if they don't want to develop the cute detective into a viable character. Anything but this Daddy and Daughter dynamic they are hoping the audience will bite into and clamour for if they keep shoving it down our throats.

Archived