Y&R: Week of December 15, 2008

• Members

Val Bloom seemed rather happy.

OMG, what is up with Tonya Lee William's weave? She has money right?

I'm looking forward to Gloria wearing orange and Phyllis looking a particular shade of green. I'm ready for the Phick breakup so we can get down to all the good soapy stuff, including the reunion. Let's get on with it! :lol:

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think the way Jill's been styled for the last few years was deliberately done to give her more 'class' and to contrast her to Gloria who is totally new money. I would say we also see a bit more of Jess Walton's personal style (ie the chunky jewelry) mixed with a matured (ie frumpy) Jill. Now, it appears the right balance has been struck. Jill Abbott is hip, sexy but not desperate.

• Members

Y&R's a different animal since the week technically starts on Friday for the Canadian viewers. I think it is a good indication of the current state of the show that people can't wait until Sunday to start discussing the week ahead. I'm sure Y&R will eventually return to a horrible mess and there will be no rush to create the Y&R thread.

• Members

The show has been so good that I don't even want to watch the Canadian spoiler. I make myself suffer all weekend then watch with excietment the next day.

I don't remember that last time I did that. And that includes days when Nick and Phyllis are not on. The entire show is kicking butt.

• Members

I'm looking forward to Gloria wearing orange and Phyllis looking a particular shade of green. I'm ready for the Phick breakup so we can get down to all the good soapy stuff, including the reunion. Let's get on with it! :lol:

I like Loren & Micheal...but the rest of the Baldwin/Fisher clan needs to go down as much as Gloria. The whole family should be wearing orange. :lol: I want Tracy to deck Lauren!

• Members

God I am loving this damn Katherine storyline- and LOVING Jill and Esther at each other's throats!!!!

Anybody notice how they are using the classic Y&R musical scores(pretty much exclusively) with the Bill Bell classic style Katherine storyline?

The minute that music comes on from the past its like I am 13 and its 1988!!!

Between Y&R and OLTL to hell with this "Daytime is dead" stuff!

++But yeah, the Winters and Baldwins are boring me. I am not a Gloria fan at all. I am not really a fan of the actress's acting style either. She is just too MUCH. And not in a good way. And as far as Tyra Banks Winters- I hate when a show pimps a character that the audience doesn't like. You can feel the awkwardness - I am talking Tyra Banks Winters. I just don't FEEL her. She is a sorry subsitute for Rowell IF that is the intention. I am loving Olivia being back though. She is ageless and I am enjoying her more than I though I would. They need a good old fashioned bitch in this Winters storyline. Someone to cause trouble. Tyra is just too icky sweet and icky boring. Let Olivia be the stalwart noble one in that family.

• Members

I guess since it doesn't effect the storyline, it's free for me to say here that Vail Bloom isn't leaving Y&R, as confirmed by her publicists. Plus, Chris Engen's representative said the same thing. Looks like it was only a rumor! Yay! ;)

• Members

The writing really needs to tighten for Heather (and maybe Adam, too) significantly. And Vail Bloom has GOT to develop more. Being half of an admittedly chemistry-full couple does not make a character. Heather has to be established more (shades of what we saw earlier, with the submissive Heather was fun).

Archived