The Politics Thread

• Members

That's true.  Black women don't give a s**t about likability.  They just want you to do your damn job.

Nobody brought you in it.

At the risk of being even more unliked, I will say that that doesn't surprise me.  Compared to most African-Americans I know or know about, I haven't personally experienced much racism in life.  But what racism I HAVE experienced has come mostly from white women.

And really, I am starting to think Black women are wasting their time.  America does NOT deserve their help.

Edited by Khan

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

@Khan Well, you aren't disliked by me. I'm not necessarily surprised that white women are racist. I got my undergrad degree in Virginia and lived in Tampa for awhile, so yeah, I've seen it.  I'm surprised that more white women didn't respect themselves enough to try to smack down the virulent misogyny he represents. Yet, here we are and I wonder if any amount of facts will change that in four years.  I feel like I've watched the unraveling of a society based on reason and fact.

• Members

I am not sure.   It seems people were willing to say to themselves "blah blah blah, I am voting for Trump anyway".  If tapes surface of Trump bragging about how because he is famous he can grab women by the crotch, and that didn't cost him the election, then what actual evidence would have?

She lost because of all the reasons combined I guess.  The FBI, the women thing, racism towards Obama and the mexicans, the Russians...but the main reason she lost is because her campaign decided to not campaign for white people, opting instead to maker he entire reason for being elected "I am not Trump".    She got more votes than Trump it's true, but why didn't she have a message for the fired guys in the great lakes area?    She didn't even try to compete for them to keep Trump's numbers down.   Whatever happened to "The economy, stupid"?

• Members

In a way, Julia, that's the worst part of it all.  Because, even if we receive a Christmas miracle straight out of a Pam Long storyline on GL and Trump is somehow blocked from the presidency, we still have to deal with all the issues that have cropped up in the wake of an awful, awful election.  Blocking (or removing) Trump won't make go away everything that has been done and said since November 8.

Because -- and granted, this is just from what I have gathered since the election -- but I think her team determined, rightly or wrongly, that those individuals did not reflect the majority of this country, either in terms of demographics, or with the issues that had concerned them throughout the election.  As I said upthread, it kind of surprised me to learn that the number of manufacturing jobs lost in this country since NAFTA is relatively minor compared to the number of people who live currently in the U.S.  It's just tragic that for a comparatively smaller group of people, their electoral votes ended up weighing more than everyone else's.

Edited by Khan

• Members

Black women's rights are constantly under attack. They are not able to seek the shelter of patriarchy like black men or white supremacy like white women. They saw through Trump's BS because he was against their fundamental rights as human beings in all aspects. Black women tried to save the world from Trump but they couldn't do it alone. 

Black women vote at rates equal to or surpassing white voters, while black men and other minorities lag much farther behind. Just a little more voter participation from non-black women minorities and we would have had a President Rodham-Clinton 

Please register in order to view this content

I don't agree. She lost by slim margins in Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and Michigan. She should have been campaigning to black voters in Milwaukee, Philadelphia, and Detroit. She waited until the last minute to visit two of those states and never went to Wisconsin after the primaries. She didn't need the white working class to win and I am over the narrative that Democratic party is in some sort of crisis. She will have 3 million more votes than Trump when it's all over and the 2020 Dem candidate won't have nearly the same obstacles as Hillary (political baggage, unfavorability, voter fatigue, etc. )

• Members

I actually do think he seriously considered choosing Mitt - it's good optics, and that's one of his main obsessions. He got a lot of pushback, which he is also now getting on Tillerson, not just about Russia but also from powerful hatemongers like Tony Perkins, so I wonder if we'll end up with a consensus pick like Bob Corker or the odious Bolton. 

• Members

Oh, I knew he was screwing with Mitt, who I never thought had a chance for SOS, less than Ghouliani and Christie even.

There was a moment when Trump might have given it the slightest thought because someone (anonymous source) claimed that Trump thought the Romney "looked the part" of a SOS and described Romney as looking like someone "straight out of Central Casting" and we all know how important looks are to Trump, judging from his 3 beauty queen wives.

Trump is a vain man and did not want to take the chance that anyone would outshine him.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

It's all part of the process of trying to normalize these people. CNN, NY Times and WAPO have all written puff piece articles to try to somehow get people to see themselves in these white supremacists. Obviously, it's going to flop with some of us, but these media outlets are trying to convince the rest.

So Trump has postponed a press conference that should have taken place this week until January? Talk about a paper tiger!

If you can, read this entire thread!

Edited by DramatistDreamer