Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Without a doubt, an escalation, yet still, being reported without the hysterics that the U.S. media reports the migrant situation at the U.S. southern border, as I've noticed.

I do have the same question about this as I have had about the surges to the U.S. southern border...who/what is behind this and why now? These migrants are reportedly coming from Iraq, not Afghanistan, the site of a lot of upheaval and chaos. In the Belarus/Poland border crisis, some are blaming Russia and Putin himself, of course, Putin denies responsibility, blaming the EU.

• Members

So the head of the NJ Senate conceded his race. The candidate for Gov who has no chance of catching up with provisional ballots still has not conceded.

This isn't funny at this point or fair. The only reason he's doing it is to cast doubt and drag it out.  I don't know what it will take to get through to people that this party needs to be voted down until they clean up. They are now doing worse gerrymandering in places like Utah where voters voted on an independent redistricting commission and they are ignoring it and doing what they want. Same thing in Ohio. They don't like what the voters want they just ignore it.

And the media in this country covers CRT and Wokeness.

My optimism in this country is waning. If it was really ever there.

GOP keeps the Big Lie alive in New Jersey: Republican candidate refuses to concede race for governor | Salon.com

• Members

They are going to try to burn books to make a statement.

I don't really believe there is hope left for this country, to be honest, but the only chance of that happening is for the public to either ignore the corporate media at large, or topple the power structure and completely rebuild. They have shown over and over this year alone what a danger they are to us all.

• Members

Diminishing the importance of money in political campaigns is one of the truest way to change things (yeah, right, I know). Another is to raise the horribly low voter turnout during municipal and state elections. Perhaps the latter is more achievable than the former, at this point but ignoring this aspect of elections has been a missed opportunity and a detriment to the Democrats, liberal and so-called progressive alike. If the U.S. doesn't make it easier for people to vote (early voting, no-excuse voting by absentee ballot, curbside voting), guess what? Many won't vote! This may require a state by state strategy, but even if reliably Democratic states implement these options, it would make a noticeable difference. I live in a reliably "blue" state and we don't even have half these options. I voted absentee ballot this year only because I was able to check off wanting protection against COVID-19 as an "excuse".

And believe you me, Democrats may not believe that a state by state strategy can be effective but you know who does? Republicans.