Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Want to laugh - or rage uncontrollably? McTurtle has written an Op-Ed in The Washington Post, telling Democrats to leave the Supreme Court alone and railing against Democrats packing the courts.

Yes, not an Onion piece, though it should be!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2021/11/11/mitch-mcconnell-supreme-court-packing-democrats/

• Members

Seems like I found the answer- Lukashenko is trying to punish the EU for sanctions.

According to reports, Belarus has been offering visas to desperate Kurdish Iraqis, even so far as, expanding flights into Belarus and having border guards direct migrants to the border with Lithuania and when that got too busy, the border with Poland. The guards, who pointed out gaps in the fence where entry is easier, even supplied migrants with wire-cutters and axes to cut through the fence. Once on the Polish side, migrants are pushed back as far as the forest, but have no way to get back to Belarus and are trapped in the forest in freezing temperatures with no food, some migrants have died of exposure. These migrants are being used as pawns, it's tragic.

• Members

For me some of it is burnout but part of it is that I actually have some trust in the people doing this: Bennie Thompson, Nancy Pelosi, and yes, Merrick Garland. I don't feel the need to breathlessly second-guess everyone involved. I never doubted that Bannon would be charged. The only question in my mind was how long it would take.