Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Losing Twitter has completely castrated him.

^^ Maybe hot take, but I keep saying it: This is all he has left in the tank. He's not going to run again. He's done.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Trump is doing what he (strategically speaking) probably should have done months ago after he was kicked off Twitter. The media is lapping up every one of these press releases and treating them as news, doing their best to try to make them overshadow the passage of the recovery plan. 

• Members

One can question the timing of this (i.e.- why didn't this happen sooner?), still this seems big. Some have mentioned that she is poised to take a lot of evangelical women with her.

*On a side note, I am noticing some posts that are defacto duplicates of other posts. Can we consider being more conscientious about this? I have unintentionally done this too, on occasion, particularly if a new post is posted simultaneously and gets bumped to a new page but I try to look back to make sure I am not posting something that has already been posted. Or, if I have something to add, I will at least quote the previous post before adding mine, thereby bumping the other post, so it doesn't get lost.

So many posts are being lost at the rate new posts are coming in and it just becomes a kind of "white noise". I don't know about anyone else, but it has caused me to skip, rather than read a number of posts.

Just a thought.*

• Members

I think you're looking at this the wrong way.  The more the media does stuff like this the less the public cares. That's what their hair is on fire coverage of every Trump tweet did. Ultimately the impact it had was people care less what they have to say. That's why no one cares as they try to keep showing the GOP stand on the relief bill. At the end of the day folks want less talk and more help.

• Members

I agree. The polling isn't getting traction on these weak stories, and it clearly frustrates the Beltway which has always strained to pretend this is still a normal bipartisan, equally legitimate political world.

Edited by Vee