Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

One of President Obama's "failures" was being a black man who realized that being black in a position of power meant having limitations and finding a lack of trust from Centrist Democrats, progressive Democrats as well as GOP, especially as it relates to handling the money. Older white men have no such limitations (see Trump and his profligate spending, in and out of the White House).

• Members

Agreed. I do think the Obama administration dropped the ball on not pushing hard enough on some things in '09/10, but a lot of the innate opposition to not doing more was because of racist backlash Obama couldn't help or change. Willis is generally a big fan of Obama and I don't agree with everything he says, but I do think it's a nuanced issue.

• Members

And nuance is exactly the element that seems to have gone missing from the minds of politicians and pundits alike, from what I have been reading lately. I also think many critics now believe it is safe to pile on because they know Obama won't respond the way that a Trump would, nor will he compile an enemies list.

I had to read an article where AOC basically decried the failings of the Democratic party as her political coming of age. I did chuckle though, when she tweeted about the people needing to mobilize in order to get the student debt cancellation through Congress and someone responded "Girl, ain't that what you're there to do?"

Please register in order to view this content

Even though I don't dislike her as I know others do, I do admit that when someone calls her AOC/Always On Camera, it also tickles me.

Legislating is tough, I know.

She, of all people should realize this, from the way Bernie's recent legislative attempt flopped in the Senate.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

Willis is not the type to pile on Obama, he's generally a big fan. If he was a dead ender I wouldn't read him. I do think mistakes were made in that period, some of them unforced. I'm glad they're not being repeated, but the fact is on some key policy moves and political choices Biden has advantages Obama never would by virtue of the color of his skin.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Not just Trump associates. There were plenty of people on the extreme "left" who were on this story also. Makes me wonder again if people like Matt Taibbi were recruited when they were in Russia. Greenwald's slobbering over Russia must certainly be tied to the deal for Snowden or who knows maybe it's something more salacious. 

• Members

I think most of that crew are just what the Russians call useful idiots - blinkered far leftists so obsessed with their ideology and their own pride who think that literally anything the rest of the world does is fine as long as it's not America and (in their view) we probably did it somewhere else, so we deserve it. Greenwald and Taibbi, who knows.

Bingo bango bongo:

• Members

I didn't read the article, because I was in the middle of something, but a headline on my home page said Joe Manchin "throws water on gutting the filibuster". So apparently, Manchin and Feinstein and Sinema prefer Dems lose because they could not get s-h-i-t done because of that roadblock.

• Members

No one is saying gut the filibuster they are talking about reform. And going back to the way it used to work which Manchin was open to seems a good step. McConnell would not be freaking out about scorched earth tactics if he was not worried. He doesn't even want reform. And I think democrats now know if they don't do something, if McConnell doesn't die first, he will kill it.