Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I remember hearing back when she was first running for higher offices that she was not a very good candidate. That was my first thought when I saw this. It's incredibly tone deaf, it plays right into the hands of people who claim that Democrats only care about quotas and identity politics. It will do nothing to help Asian-Americans, and will likely only hurt them because now every single one of them will be seen as being chosen solely to tick a box, not because of their merits.  

• Members

Even though she said she would vote for non-white nominees, it is also unfortunate that she chose today to overshadow Shalanda Young's approval by the Senate, considering Young is seen as a strong choice to become OMB director. The GOP has spent a lot of time and effort furthering tension between black and Asian-American groups - she gave them a big gift today, between this and mentioning VP Harris. 

• Members

I really dislike this tendency of Democrats/progressives running to the press instead of trying to solve this kind of thing behind the scenes. I need her (and Hirono) to be smarter and more strategic.

I know it won't ruin ALL future AAPI nominees but it will ruin the next one. 

• Members

I saw VP Harris in that interview and I realize that some will try to suggest that she was being evasive but she was consistently saying that only legislation can provide meaningful, long-term change in the lack of sensible gun control policy.

She was pushing back on Gayle and Anthony's line of questioning that seemed to want to put the onus on executive action. Even they must realize the limits of EOs.

What we need is comprehensive change that is embedded in federal law, basically what she was saying.