Key Links: Announcements | Support Desk

The Politics Thread

Toups

• Members
12 hours ago, Juliajms said:

I think I detest Mitch McConnell, even more than 45.  It's a close call, I suppose I have enough hate for both of them. Just had to get that off my chest.

I approve this message.

• Replies 37.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• Khan

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members
7 minutes ago, Wendy said:

In today's "WTF?!" news, polls have Ohio for a$$h0le by 3 points and Texas by 6. I just do NOT get these people.

I can't speak for Texas but the polls I've seen in Ohio have Biden leading him by one or two points. That's within margin of error but still I think it is a good sign. I'm cautiously hopeful that people are seeing the light.

• Members
1 minute ago, marceline said:

I can't speak for Texas but the polls I've seen in Ohio have Biden leading him by one or two points. That's within margin of error but still I think it is a good sign. I'm cautiously hopeful that people are seeing the light.

These results are from today, so I hope it's just an outlier. Because, if not...

• Members
54 minutes ago, Wendy said:

In today's "WTF?!" news, polls have Ohio for a$$h0le by 3 points and Texas by 6. I just do NOT get these people.

If Trump loses it will be narrowly. He is a cult figure and a symbol to many of his supporters, not a politician. He is permission to give into their worst impulses. 

Edited by DRW50

• Members

It looks like the GOP will win a special election for Katie Hill's seat (she resigned last year over a relationship with an aide, I think), so expect a lot of talk from the media about Trump's comeback, as they are still doing anything they can for him and the GOP to dominate in November. 

@Juliajms you probably already saw this, but:

• Members

I did not see that, thank you Carl. I would be thrilled. Bacon is a Trumper through and through.  I'm very excited to vote for Kara again and I hope she pulls it off this time. I don't know much about the candidate going against Sasse for the Senate, but it can't be worse than what we have.

• Members

The heavy press and GOP push on "ObamaGate" and attempts to make the Russia investigation seem like a complete sham are part of the above effort from Trump and his administration, and likely his foreign string-pullers, to gut this country's future.

• Members
14 hours ago, DRW50 said:

If Trump loses it will be narrowly. He is a cult figure and a symbol to many of his supporters, not a politician. He is permission to give into their worst impulses. 

Trump is the last gasp of a certain part of the population who sees itself being replaced by women and non-whites. I think a lot of people don't grasp how Obama's election completely broke a lot of people on both the right and the left. The people who back Trump feel like they have nothing left to lose so they will happily die for him.

• Members
On 5/11/2020 at 12:30 PM, DramatistDreamer said:

Bots.

Yesterday, someone noted that the hashtag got started in the middle of the night U.S. time, which was afternoon Russian time.

There are people who are trying to counteract the misinformation and provocations but in doing so, they are keeping the hashtag going unfortunately. At this point, that is counterproductive.  They should just let that hashtag die.

Wow. No words then. This is just getting more crazy 

On 5/11/2020 at 3:33 PM, DRW50 said:

I've seen some 'liberal' pundits saying this is a losing strategy for Trump to focus on Obama, but much of his base operates on racism and hate, and many on the left who are still pining for Bernie also operate on racism. Sadly the pivot to making it all about Obama will help maintain the turnout the GOP had from 2010-2016. 

Just smh.

19 hours ago, DRW50 said:

THIS. From everything I am seeing and reading, if he loses in November (assuming his attempts to make sure people don't vote fail), it will STILL be a close race. And I just cannot see how people do not see how bad he is. I just...it's unreal to me. 

• Members
4 hours ago, marceline said:

Trump is the last gasp of a certain part of the population who sees itself being replaced by women and non-whites. I think a lot of people don't grasp how Obama's election completely broke a lot of people on both the right and the left. The people who back Trump feel like they have nothing left to lose so they will happily die for him.

Well I am sure I have a BYE BITCA GIF for those wanting to happily die for him somewhere...

Just now, DramatistDreamer said:

It's disappeared from trending topics. COVID-19 hearings are the focus, which is I'm sure, exactly what the bots and right-wingers DID NOT want.

From what I saw it got so bad that Twitter had to BLOCK it which drove the bots made and they tried to use English wordplay to get it to trend for a little while. Hopefully Twitter continues to block. 

On 5/12/2020 at 10:17 AM, Khan said:

Yeah, it's a close call for me as well.  Mitch is blaming (the) Obama (administration) for (the) Trump's (administration) failure to act on COVID-19 in a more timely manner, saying he (Obama) failed to leave behind an adequate game plan for dealing with pandemics.

Yours truly (upon reading McConnell's comments): "But he DID leave a game plan!  And a team!  And supplies!  And YOUR guy ditched all three first chance he got!"

I am so sick of the GOP's brand of Jedi mind wiping.  And I'm sick of all the morons who fall for it Every. Single. Time.

Sounds like they need a Dark Lord of the Sith to go Order 66 on their behinds.

Sorry...Star Wars fan.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Hm. I heard that Murray was on her way and missed it? No word on Bernie's absence but isn't he known for missing votes?