The Politics Thread

13 hours ago, DRW50 said:

I hope you all are right about the CNN poll being rigged...I see so much Trump support out there, in the real world and so many loud voices on Twitter, I tend to think polls are undersampling his following.

As for Burr, I have no sympathy for him, but it's telling that he was zeroed in on, unlike Blair Warner, considering he was seen as not being protective enough of Trump during various investigations. I imagine she will be given the boot by primary voters soon enough and can go cry on her silk sheets. 

its not that the poll is wrong its that the interpretation of using a national poll to  show battleground numbers is wrong.  Would you base a poll by calling 30 people in a state which is in effect what they did. If you want to assess battleground states you do a battleground state poll not extrapolate information you want from a national poll. That's not how statistics works.  That's twisting science to get the answer you want. You do a state poll calling the same number of people in that state with the audience being polled representing a cross section of the state population not a subset of a national poll.  

Edited by JaneAusten
  • Replies 37.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• Vee

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, DRW50 said:

The dead enders, who never found an election they didn't lose, are gloating about what a terrible statement this is. To me it's something he should have said from the start. I'm glad he finally did. 

It's an excellent statement. Biden has handled this very well. At no point has he ever attacked Reade. He's been an open book. He's never once indulged conspiracy theories or pointed out how this was an obvious attempt by the Bernie left to weaponize MeToo in order to drive him from the race. Through this whole thing he has behaved like an innocent man who trusted the facts to come out. Meanwhile...

I may sound like a conspiracy theorist but I won't trust any vaccine touted by this administration. They will claim to have found one but it won't work.

No link as I just heard this on my local news, but I guess Mike Bloomberg is about to begin a media blitz with his deep pockets for Joe Biden. Glad he is keeping his word.

2 hours ago, Wendy said:

No link as I just heard this on my local news, but I guess Mike Bloomberg is about to begin a media blitz with his deep pockets for Joe Biden. Glad he is keeping his word.

Please be true. I'm not a big fan of our corporate overlords, but if Satan himself offers to finance Biden's campaign, I suggest he take the money.

6 hours ago, Wendy said:

86,000+ dead. Job loss is staggering. And yet we have this:

https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/video/4549740-cnn-poll-president-trump-leads-joe-biden-in-battleground-states/

I...just don't understand this. At all. Sigh. If this POS gets back in, this country deserves to crumble.

This is the same discussion just had above. Follow that discussion. CNN used a national poll and pulled data out of that to determine battleground numbers, That is not how polling works. This is CNN trying to gin polling to show Trump competitive. Just a few days ago there was a poll OF WISCONSIN (Not a national poll where they pulled 30 respondents from Wisconsin out of) showing Wisconsin with Biden having a 2 point lead. Within the margin of error. A 2 point poll with Biden leading is bad enough without CNN trying to use a national poll for battleground states only. That is NOT how polling works but it keeps the media driven horserace narrative going.

Edited by JaneAusten

Yes, this thread really needs to get over its addiction to reposting skewed polls and not reading discussion about them.

Meanwhile:

On 5/14/2020 at 3:37 PM, Toups said:

At the end.

So...if they even think they try to go after Obama...then that voids out the Trump gaslighting that predates the attempt...so people can then throw Trump in jail? So...stalemate?

On 5/15/2020 at 11:10 AM, marceline said:

I may sound like a conspiracy theorist but I won't trust any vaccine touted by this administration. They will claim to have found one but it won't work.

Then you are not the only conspiracy theorist.

Please register in order to view this content