Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

If I were Kellyanne Conway, I would, at the very least, march straight into that Oval Office and tell him, in no uncertain terms, that the next slur he utters against my husband OR my kids will be his last.

OTOH, if I were Kellyanne Conway, I wouldn't be working for Trump in the first damn place.

• Members

Kellyanne Conway's biggest gripe is not getting accolades for being the first woman to manage a winning presidential campaign. She is a career political operative and Republican political operatives only care about advancement. She made it to the Oval Office and if Trump disrespects her family that's just something that she will accept to maintain her position.

• Members

Just had a thought that it could make for an interesting theater piece to have a play about a marginal Washington couple who decide to use a time of political crisis as an opportunity to raise their standing by positioning themselves to opposite power bases.  The twist would be that, by degrees their public opposing stances seep into their private lives and threaten to undue, not only everything they have built professionally but their entire relationship and marriage.

I'd write it if I were more interested.

• Members

I've watched a fair amount of Seth Meyers this past year, especially in quarantine as the format really suits him. 

Anyway, this is a very depressing article about Trump's latest plans to gut the post office. There's been talk about how this will hurt rural areas, but what isn't mentioned as much is many Republican voters also sell online, and he's going to try to jack up shipping prices on selling sites up to four times the current amount. These people just keep killing themselves in order to hurt the rest of us. That's one of the reasons I feel so hopeless. Trump continues to have decent approval ratings and to be even or near even in polling no matter how much he makes clear his only goal is to ruin America for his own pettiness and pocket-lining.

• Members

The Republicans have been trying to privatize the postal service for many years now. Granted, it hasn't been as focused or lengthy as their efforts to privatize Medicare or dismantle PBS but they've been at toppling the USPS for quite some time.  Longer than they've been trying to destroy Obamacare, I'd say.