The Politics Thread

On 5/12/2020 at 4:09 AM, Juliajms said:

I think I detest Mitch McConnell, even more than 45.  It's a close call, I suppose I have enough hate for both of them. Just had to get that off my chest.

That's a hard one for me. McConnell was corrupt before Trump took office but Trump was going to be Trump no matter what. 

• Replies 37.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• Vee

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 hours ago, sivad40 said:

That's a hard one for me. McConnell was corrupt before Trump took office but Trump was going to be Trump no matter what. 

True. McConnell just needs to keep President Obama's name out of his ugly lying mouth.

So yet again a handful of states dominated by people that hate everyone (themselves most of all) will end up deciding whether this country has any chance left. I'm so tired of this. It just feels pointless. 

Edited by DRW50
53 minutes ago, DRW50 said:

So yet again a handful of states dominated by people that hate everyone (themselves most of all) will end up deciding whether this country has any chance left. I'm so tired of this. It just feels pointless. 

302 people in 15 battleground states were polled.

1 hour ago, sivad40 said:

1 hour ago, sivad40 said:

Thank you. This is not a battleground state poll it's a national poll that gee CNN decided to use as a battleground state poll.  it's almost like CNN wants this to be a horserace and is trying to sway the numbers to appease Trump. Wouldn't be the first time.

Listen I am skeptical of polls but CNN has just released a number for battleground states with a margin of error of 20% versus 2-3 percent.

3 hours ago, JaneAusten said:

it's almost like CNN wants this to be a horserace and is trying to sway the numbers to appease Trump.

Exactly.

6 hours ago, DramatistDreamer said:

Life comes at you fast.

On 5/13/2020 at 10:16 AM, marceline said:

Trump is the last gasp of a certain part of the population who sees itself being replaced by women and non-whites.

This. Simply stated and perfect. 

1 hour ago, DramatistDreamer said:

Life comes at you fast.

Love it. 

I hope you all are right about the CNN poll being rigged...I see so much Trump support out there, in the real world and so many loud voices on Twitter, I tend to think polls are undersampling his following.

As for Burr, I have no sympathy for him, but it's telling that he was zeroed in on, unlike Blair Warner, considering he was seen as not being protective enough of Trump during various investigations. I imagine she will be given the boot by primary voters soon enough and can go cry on her silk sheets. 

The dead enders, who never found an election they didn't lose, are gloating about what a terrible statement this is. To me it's something he should have said from the start. I'm glad he finally did.