Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

The NRCC has been contacting people out of desperation.  I know someone who is a recently naturalized U.S. citizen (who lives in a very blue state) who complained of being contacted by this organization (she hung up on them).  She was suspicious but didn't know who they were until she told me the telephone number, although I'd already suspected they were Republicans but I looked it up for confirmation.  

I bet the GOP is calling regions that they never in a million years believed they'd be calling out of desperation.

• Members

I must just be thick in the head today because it's not making sense to me and I thought someone would have said something else to make it clear...but since no one has yet...I have to ask...

...so is some weird bots attacking Obama for Trump on Twitter or is that actual people trying to attack Obama for Trump on Twitter?

What is this silliness that is being called Obamagate because I clearly missed something.

• Members

Bots.

Yesterday, someone noted that the hashtag got started in the middle of the night U.S. time, which was afternoon Russian time.

There are people who are trying to counteract the misinformation and provocations but in doing so, they are keeping the hashtag going unfortunately. At this point, that is counterproductive.  They should just let that hashtag die.

• Members

I've seen some 'liberal' pundits saying this is a losing strategy for Trump to focus on Obama, but much of his base operates on racism and hate, and many on the left who are still pining for Bernie also operate on racism. Sadly the pivot to making it all about Obama will help maintain the turnout the GOP had from 2010-2016. 

• Members

It might help him turn out his base, but it will also insure that black voters turn up to vote. To get reelected Trump needs lower turnout among Democratic base groups, particularly black voters because they can make the difference in Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin.

• Members

Yeah, it's a close call for me as well.  Mitch is blaming (the) Obama (administration) for (the) Trump's (administration) failure to act on COVID-19 in a more timely manner, saying he (Obama) failed to leave behind an adequate game plan for dealing with pandemics.

Yours truly (upon reading McConnell's comments): "But he DID leave a game plan!  And a team!  And supplies!  And YOUR guy ditched all three first chance he got!"

I am so sick of the GOP's brand of Jedi mind wiping.  And I'm sick of all the morons who fall for it Every. Single. Time.