The Politics Thread

Toups

• Members
1 minute ago, lovely_m said:

How much does the fact that Iowa and New Hampshire are the first states in the primary cause this?  If feels like these candidates have been living in Iowa for a long time?

That is the excuse they use, but not having a better handle on the black community in particular is wrong in 2020. Black people come through always, particularly in 2018 when nobody expected us to do well (bc nobody was thinking of black voters). We are expected to vote democrat no matter what when we get nothing out of it. The people elevated don’t even care about us. They just want our votes. To me that’s wrong. 

• Replies 38.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• Khan

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members
4 hours ago, Chris B said:

That is the excuse they use, but not having a better handle on the black community in particular is wrong in 2020. Black people come through always, particularly in 2018 when nobody expected us to do well (bc nobody was thinking of black voters). We are expected to vote democrat no matter what when we get nothing out of it. The people elevated don’t even care about us. They just want our votes. To me that’s wrong. 

ICAM.  The Democratic Party takes all POC entirely for granted.

• Members
7 hours ago, Juliajms said:

Right now my ranking is Warren, Biden, Buttigieg, Bloomberg, whoever. I feel like the chances are very high that I'm going to have to pull the lever (again) for someone I know disdains me, but I imagine most of us here are used to that on some level.

My rankings (as of this moment) are as follows:

1. Michael Bloomberg

2. Joe Biden

3. Elizabeth Warren

4. Amy Klobuchar

5. Tom Hanks

6. RuPaul

7. "Handsome Dan," the official (bulldog) mascot of Yale University's athletic teams

8. Abby Cadabby (from "Sesame Street")

9. John Hinckley, Jr.

10. A "Big Brother" contestant TBD

11. Pete Buttigieg('s personal stylist)

12. Bernie Sanders

I can just imagine the Hinckley/Trump debates...

T: I could stand in the middle of the street, shoot somebody and get away with it!

H: Been there, done that, Jodie Foster still won't return my phone calls!

Edited by Khan

• Members
9 hours ago, Khan said:

Running as a Democratic candidate for president is the Ice Bucket Challenge of 2020.

Except, at least the participants in the Ice Bucket Challenge were focused on a common goal. Also, any 78 year old who had had a heart attack would have been told not to participate.  Also the Ice Bucket Challenge could actually sustain enthusiasm.

• Members
2 hours ago, DramatistDreamer said:

Also, any 78 year old who had had a heart attack would have been told not to participate. 

John McCain's health was such a big deal and so was Hillary's when she fainted, so it amazes me that Bernie had a heart attack and the media for the most part has ignored it. McCain released his health records but Bernie won't do any of that.

• Members
1 hour ago, lovely_m said:

John McCain's health was such a big deal and so was Hillary's when she fainted, so it amazes me that Bernie had a heart attack and the media for the most part has ignored it. McCain released his health records but Bernie won't do any of that.

And Bernie's people are trying to compare him to Obama's being hounded by birthers about his birth certificate. These folks are ridiculous.

• Members
1 hour ago, DRW50 said:

I know many of you have speculated something very serious is going on with Bernie's health that they're trying to hide. 

His Jill Stein loving press secretary deciding to go full Kellyanne today makes me think that your instincts are more right than ever.

https://mobile.twitter.com/atrupar/status/1230120557213093890

I can't find the original tweet but someone said that Sanders has clearly decided that whatever heat he gets for not showing his medical records isn't as bad as what's in them. More and more I feel like he's acting like someone with nothing to lose who simply doesn't give a [!@#$%^&*] about the damage he's doing.

45 minutes ago, DramatistDreamer said:

A feeling of sadness for this country washed over me as I read this.

I know, right? A few decades ago we put a man on the moon. How did we go from that to *waves at everything around*?