Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Some truly sickening people went to a Biden event today with a coffin. I'm not going to blame any campaign for this as there's no real evidence of who the group supports, but it's just another reminder of why I don't consider myself very tied to what this party has become.

• Members

@marceline that is a very powerful ad. And they could have gone on and on. I'd never seen the cartoon of the Grim Reaper coming to murder everyone involved with each campaign. Absolutely disgusting. The longer this goes on the more I believe someone is going to be incited into assault or murder. I remember the bros talking about how the CNN report on them contained nothing but harmless comments. I guess they will make the same claim here, but I just hope there are enough voters in Nevada who might see this and slow him down (he's projected to win but with enough support ebbed elsewhere he might still lose some delegates). 

• Members

The intersection of a potentially catastrophic communicable virus with political cronyism is a dangerous thing.

https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/world/coronavirus-infection-found-after-cruise-ship-passengers-disperse/ar-BB104WtX?li=BBqdmGR&fdhead=nohdflt2

"In Cambodia, the cruise line found a country whose leader, closely allied with Chinese officials, has cast doubts on the seriousness of the coronavirus outbreak, which has infected some 68,000 people and killed more than 1,600 in China.

“Is there any Cambodian or foreigner in Cambodia who has died of the disease?” Prime Minister Hun Sen said earlier this month. “The real disease happening in Cambodia right now is the disease of fear.”

And on Friday, President Trump tweeted his thanks to Cambodia for allowing the ship, more than 600 of whose passengers were Americans, to dock."

So, all the other neighboring countries (Japan, Taiwan, Thailand, etc.) refused entry to this cruise ship but Cambodia, an ally of China and also a Communist country allowed the Westerdam cruise ship to dock in their port and allowed the passengers off the ship to take in the local sights and get massages, etc. Then Cambodian officials discovered that an American passenger tested positive for the coronavirus, (after taking the word of the Westerdam's management that there were no infections on the ship) already allowing hundreds of other passengers to depart from Cambodia's port to other destinations worldwide.  

Now apparently, there is a scramble to try to cull all those passengers to be tested.

Good luck with that.

• Members

So while Bloomberg and Biden are out here taking shots at Sanders he's also being attacked by his own fans for supporting the dairy industry. This is where purity testing gets you. (Also can I ask: when did protesting the dairy industry suddenly become the cool thing to do?)

Warning: nudity.

Edited by marceline

• Members

It's a dirty job, but somebody had to do it. 

Please register in order to view this content

But seriously.  I agree with @DRW50.  That was a powerful ad.  Say what you will about Mike Bloomberg and his vanity campaign, but his ads on the internet, radio, social media and TV have been on point.  Come November, we HAVE to defeat Donald Trump.  Period.

Mike Bloomberg's apology for his stop-and-frisk policy (which wasn't his policy, by the way; it was actually Rudy Giuliani's, but whatever) might have been feeble, but at least it WAS an apology.  Meanwhile, it's been how many years?  And Donald Trump still won't apologize for the ad he took out against the Central Park Five OR for his and his father's racist housing policies back in the '70's.

(Like I said, I'm willing to play the "What About...?" Game in this instance.)

We finally have a candidate in the Democratic Party whose well-oiled, well-monied political machine can match the GOP's, and this is the thanks we get.  SMH.

Edited by Khan