Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Pretty much. Warren absolutely bodied him, but she went after everyone including and especially Klobuchar. Meanwhile Amy looked like she wanted to come to blows with Pete, but that’s been festering for a while.

Bernie was basically sitting pretty. Biden had a calm night too.

Edited by Faulkner

• Administrator

That was the first American debate that I watched from beginning to end.  First thing is, I loved Amy whenever she spoke! I loved her passion and her, well, heart as she mentioned in her closing.  I just connected to her the most (emotionally).  Unfortunately, I think she had the least speaking time.   Bloomberg definitely got his ass handed to him. Wow he took a beating and I don't think he recovered very well.  I mean, everyone took hits, but they were also able to retaliate with their own comebacks, except for Bloomberg who was so robotic and had no passion at all.   When you go up against Trump, you're going to need that passion, those good retorts, and show that you can go toe-to-toe with Trump.  Right now, I can't see Bloomberg having good debates vs Trump.  I still think Biden is the best bet to beat Trump, but man, my heart is with Amy after today.    I hope the next debate they'll attack Trump and the Republicans more.  It was a bit disheartening to see everyone attack each other so much.

Can someone explain the last question? It was when everyone, except Bernie, agreed to “the process.”

• Members

It felt like a last gasp for Warren, and a way to shore up support with Bernie for when she drops out ; he may forgive, but his cultists won't. 

With that said, Bloomberg needed to be confronted and exposed. If she didn't do it Trump would've. 

It's obvious that everyone on the stage sees Buttigieg as an upstart, but Klobuchar seems to have the least ability to hide it. He pushed all her buttons and she responded in the most defensive manner. 

None of these people are ready for primetime. If only the Warren of this debate was the Warren of this campaign, but sadly that hasn't been the case. 

Trump will be very happy tonight - or if he would be if he wasn't likely doped up and zonked out.

• Members

And like THAT, the Bloomberg Express derails.  As Donald Trump would say, "Sad."

And there is nothing sadder or more surreal in this world than getting owned by Donald Trump.

Frankly, I think all the onstage jousting 1) was pure theatrics ("Vegas, baby!") and 2) will end up doing more harm than good.  We've already seen Mike Bloomberg's campaign implode, but if Elizabeth Warren and Amy Klobuchar's respective campaigns survive past this debate, it'll be a miracle.  (No doubt, people on both sides are probably crying "Temperamental!" and "Unladylike!" even as I finish this sentence.).

Pete Buttigieg never looked more like the little boy sitting at the grown' folks table than he did tonight.  IJS.

Indeed.  Thanks to their competitors' performances, the race to the nomination has likely pivoted back to them.

Edited by Khan

• Members

If it's true that Michael Bloomberg's only running to stop Bernie Sanders from becoming the nominee, then he needed to do a much better job of convincing voters why he would be the better alternative.  At the very least, he needed to stay in the race long enough to gather enough delegates, if not to win the nomination for himself, then to help Joe Biden or another candidate win it. 

But now?  Now, I'm questioning whether his campaign can make it to the end of this week!  (In retrospect, his strategy of bypassing the early primaries might not have been the smartest.)

Edited by Khan

• Members

Agreed and agreed. This is the make or break moment for them. I'm glad Elizabeth came swinging hard. I'd hate to see her bow out before the likes of someone like Klobuchar.  Their battle scars will heal and they'll all join forces to beat Donald when the time is right. I'm glad Pete called out Bernie's troll army. They're the only ones who refuse to join together for the greater good. 

Someone calculated it out, and it was Amy and Elizabeth - the ladies, whoohoo! - who had the most speaking time last night. 

• Members

Here's the latest from #NaturalCauses2020:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-repeatedly-struggles-pronounce-words-114933053.html

Same.  Nevertheless, because Bernie Sanders and his followers encourage so much toxicity, I'm leaning toward not checking that part of my ballot or writing in another candidate come November.  As much as I want Donald Trump gone, at the same time, we can't supplant one demagogue with another.  That's not going to save our republic.

Edited by Khan