Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

No, Obamacare wasn't/isn't perfect (although, in its' defense, it COULD have been better had the GOP not done everything they could to gut it).  As I've said on numerous occasions, however, Obamacare was better than what we had before, which was a bottle of hydrogen peroxide and a package of band-aids.

• Members

I guess Neil Cavuto is picking up where his former colleague, Shepard Smith, left off?

Whatever he or anyone else at FNC/FBC says, it doesn't matter, though.  They had their chance to speak truth to power.  Instead, all they wanted to do was spread lies about the Obamas and the Clintons, and to hell with what a Trump presidency could do and has done to the country.

AFAIC, everyone at FBC and FNC who wants to criticize the president now can stay seated.

So, thousands of years ago, before Christopher Columbus' shitty sense of direction inadvertently united the Old World with the New (and brought about the systematic marginalization and ruination of much of our nation's indigenous peoples), the Native Americans and the ancient Romans were each other's ride-or-die?

Say wha, Mr. President?

That's because he WAS about to faint.  Do you know how toxic the fumes from most self-tanning machines can be?

Edited by Khan

• Members

These days, whenever I watch Trump, it's like I hear Merle Haggard's song, "If We Make It Through December," playing in my head.  Because, that's where we are with this man.  It'll be the mother of all Christmas miracles if he gets through the rest of 2019 without losing what's left of his mind and wandering off from the WH in a haze.

• Members

I'm very confused as to why three of "the squad" endorsing Bernie is supposed to help his campaign. Wouldn't that be like Chris Coons endorsing Biden? What would people expect otherwise? Don't most of their supporters already love him?

The Bernie cult seems to have just gone full on into hero worship and blindness, even as they insist we must be Very Serious about everyone else. Just embarrassing.

There's also one showing his "true form" as Dr. Manhattan, which can't be posted here for nudity reasons, probably, and...is kind of odd if anyone actually knows Dr. Manhattan's character arc.

• Members

I don't get it either. People were acting like that endorsement was some shocker the other day. No, it's like saying "water is wet." It doesn't move the needle.

Nancy is now trending and good for her. (As is "Meltdown")

Edited by Vee

• Members

Can someone explain the Bernie cult to me? I see his very loud supporters on CNN and twitter and I'm truly baffled as to why he is the one and only for them.

Just from what I catch on the news, I think Elizabeth Warren is the most compelling and thoughtful of the candidates, followed by Beto and Harris. 

Also, in Australian political news, I apologise for the fact that Scott Morrison tried to bring his mate Brian Houston the evangelical cult leader to the White House. Truly horrifying that Hillsong is expanding to other parts of the globe.

• Members

I think it's because Bernie has spent most of his career opposing everything, as many on the left do. It's also about daddy issues, similar to much of the support for Trump. 

I'm sure Houston would fit right into the GOP. As would Morrison. It sounds like Les Patterson would be a superstar in Australian politics these days. 

• Members

Last night there was a storm and once I got up in the middle of the night, I really couldn't get back to sleep.  The rain lashed, the wind whipped the leaves (and anything not secured) around making various clacks and thud noises. Then this morning I wake up to the news of the unexpected passing of Rep. Elijah Cummings.

Today seems as if it will be a challenging day.

R.I.P. Mr. Cummings. 

Please register in order to view this content