Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

https://www.salisburypost.com/2018/11/06/democrat-anita-earls-elected-to-nc-supreme-court/

They even canceled the primaries this year to try to stop her. 

It looks like Republicans didn't lose any Congressional seats in NC but have lost enough statehouse seats to lose their supermajority. Maybe that means sane people can keep taking the state back. 

Delgado is one of the candidates subjected to such nakedly racist attacks. I'm glad those work less well in NY than they do in Florida...

• Members

exactly, and my apologies for coming off wrong. he needs both chambers to pass anything....but these Dems better not go crazy with the subpoena power they now have. if the people get a whiff that they care more for running orange Cheeto stain out of office than helping Americans the House will flip 2-6 years from now.

Steve King is losing right now in Iowa.

• Members

Yeah,  me too.  Like every group out there, white women are not a monolith. Expecting Republican white women to vote for democrats is to be disappointed.  That's a lesson I took to heart in 2016. They have a very different world view from Democratic white women. Sure, some small part of me hoped that seeing children in internment camps would be a breaking point, but deep down I knew it wouldn't.

No, you didn't at all.  For tonight I'm just going to be thankful for the victory. I think there are some pitfalls ahead, but maybe we can hope this is the beginning of the end for that awful man.

• Members

Something similar happened here in OK.  Kevin Stitt won the gubernatorial race; yet, if you break it down, you see that his opponent, Drew Edmondson, won OKC, which is our state's capital and biggest city.  My theory: Stitt's victory came from the smaller towns, which, I am sorry to say, will never see their way toward voting for anyone except a Republican.  Those people are hardcore "Grapes of Wrath" folks, folks.

I'm moving to Colorado.  (Heck, it's only one state away for me, lol.)

• Members

I'm glad Haberman is letting us know all the media spin for Trump, not that it's a surprise. I don't watch cable news most of the time, but I imagine they were giddy over Republicans not being blown out and especially over some of Trump's pets, like DeSantis, winning. They would sell their vital organs for the GOP.