Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

It looks like Howard Schultz is testing the 2020 waters. No thanks!  I do agree with him that the debt is going to be a big problem down the road.  Still anyone who wants to solve that by cutting the safety net, after giving that huge tax break to the wealthy will not be getting my vote.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/05/howard-schultz-rips-democrats-for-veering-too-far-left.html

• Members

Antonio Sabato Jr. will not advance to the top two for the 26th district he was running in because he managed to be edged out by someone crazier than him. Kimberlin Brown will advance to November in the 36th district. A mixed bag for soap actors running for office tonight.

On update, Sabato did make the top two but has little chance of winning in November against Julia Brownley.

Edited by ReddFoxx

• Members

Apparently CNN and MSNBC went hogwild as per usual about how good the night was for Trump and how it shows Democrats don't have momentum, and so on (what a shocker), but Democrats seem to have managed to avoid getting locked out of the Congressional races they wanted to compete in. I do think Gavin Newsom is a tired choice for governor, but I guess that's what they wanted. He also got his wish of going against a Republican (John Cox), even though I imagine that, along with the gas tax repeal, will rev up Republican turnout in November. 

Republicans recalled a Democratic legislator to send a message about gas taxes (and to briefly end the Democrats supermajority).

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-pol-ca-josh-newman-recall-20180605-story.html

Democrats won a special election in Missouri.

http://www.kansascity.com/news/politics-government/article212508709.html

A big DINO in New Mexico lost her primary, after helping to stop automatic voting registration last year.

http://www.santafenewmexican.com/elections/longtime-lawmaker-rodella-unseated-by-progressive-challenger/article_c0cd163e-5c7c-5d1e-a729-89bc9adf8a57.html

Edited by DRW50

• Members

CNN and MSNBC have been doing this for the last several months. Same things they did in 2016. They cants help themselves. They want a horse race. I wish folks would stop this idea that anyone thinks elections are easy.

im also  pleased to see Deb Haaland win in New Mexico. I believe it was a forgone conclusion, but she will be the first Native American to serve in Congress.  And Rodella deserved to lose. I’m not an advocate for term limits, but it was time for her to go IMO just like it is for so many politicians from both parties in Congress.

Edited by JaneAusten

• Members

By the way, the deadline for a NAFTA "deal" to be voted on this year (with a Republican-controlled Congress) has run out.  

Also, it seems to be the height of insanity for the U.S. to be trying to negotiate separate trade deals with all these countries.  

• Members

They're probably also scared of the money trains running out if Democrats regain any power. Any time I watch (not that often) I can feel how addicted they are to Trump and the GOP, even those who try to tsk-tsk and feign outrage. 

It's hard to believe it took this many years. I know there were a few part Native American members of Congress but that isn't really enough.

Rodella sounds awful from everything I was reading last night. Her husband was in hot water, and she was involved in all kinds of decisions like blocking gay marriage bills, she was in big with the corporations, etc. 

They don't even know what they want, other than to look like big men.

I guess you saw that moron who will likely be the next Speaker (McCarthy) blindly defending Trump's tariffs. 

I don't think most voters are going to blame Trump or the GOP, sadly, but I did read that the Democratic vote was up heavily in Iowa yesterday, one of the places hardest hit by the trade war. 

Meanwhile Medicare and Social Security are ticking away and we are focused on alienating anybody and everybody around us.

• Members

Oh Rodello wasn't the only one. 3 democratic incumbents in New Mexico lost their races to more progressive candidates. I would not exactly call New Mexico a bastion of socially progressive values but even the voters there are tired of business as usual. These folks certainly haven't helped the heavily latino population in the state.

https://www.abqjournal.com/1181284/3-members-of-nm-house-trail-primary-opponents.html