The Politics Thread

• Members

One (of many) things that perplexes me about this SH*T-tastic tax bill is that it would appear to take control to levy taxes away from the states and local legislatures.

Wait, isn't always Conservatives/Republicans who never stop squawking about giving the individual states the right to determine their own ways of doing things?

This tax bill makes a mockery of that sentiment.

Boy when the GOP decides to dump all their beliefs for the sake of political expediency, they go whole hog!

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I can't say what the worst part of all this is. Oh yeah it's that it represents NONE of what Trump campaigned on which was helping the little guy, removing carried interest which is something that should be gone, saving the social safety net, all those things people claimed he was for that led them to vote for them. He's basically rubber stamping every failed GOP policy that hasn't worked in the last 150 years because he doesn't understand or care to understand any of the legislation and his mental state is deteriorating. None of this addresses income inequality. Kansas was a failure, ask people who live in that state, and the entire congress is rubber stamping a tax bill for billionaires?

Did 63 million people vote for Trump to reward billionaires? It's why I cringe when I hear this. I was watching The View this morning since I was home, first time in a month, and Megan McCain(who is awful) went on about how this election was about poverty and about how she understands red America because she spends so much time there. So poverty is address by giving billionaires the biggest giveaway in history. For all the complaints about the establishment, this wasn't about rocking it, it was about giving the GOP clearance to rape average citizens. CEO's interviewed have said none of the money corporations are getting back will be reinvested by increasing wages, they will dump the money to shareholders and CEO parachute plans and will still send jobs overseas. Automation is already on track to eliminate another 25 million jobs by 2030, jobs that exist today, as well, and there is no plan to retrain and retool or help those people, especially those in red America

Can we be honest for once. This was about one thing. Backlash over a black president.  I hope for all those it was worth it.  I am a proud liberal and I won't be hurting, nor will my family, we have money set aside and investments(international now) and we are all financially secure but for those most vulnerable, I feel for them. I wish I could do more to help them.

Oh and all the cries of overreacting to Fascism. Fascism is the partnering of business and gvmt. Right how the oligarchs in this country are running it. The average everyday American has little voice. Even our freedom to access and use the internet is being taken away as we allow corporations to censor what we can and cannot see.

Edited by JaneAusten

• Members

As I've said many times, they didn't vote for him for any policy reason. They voted for him because life under Obama made them get a small taste of what it's like to be a minority and it drove them crazy. I mean that literally. They opted to divorce from reality rather than accept a more level playing field.

They say they want jobs but what they really want is the elimination of competition for those jobs. Especially if that competition comes in the form of women and minorities who are better educated and/or willing to work harder.

I know it's tough but don't give him what he wants. He says stupid [!@#$%^&*] because he knows most of us have him on ignore now.