Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

So the 'Sonic Attacks' that were suspected in Cuba (which Trump used as a pretext to cut diplomatic relations with Cuba, IMO) is now suddenly happening in Uzbekistan.

What?!  You mean, it is likely that the Cubans should've been taken on their word that they were befuddled by the occurrence, after all?

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/uzbekistan-incident-raises-suspicions-of-russian-involvement-in-cuba-attacks/

The White House said it was poor lighting.  I say it's the dark forces present in this current WH at work.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

They can be awful, no doubt. My point is only that you start to see something like humanity and kindness emerging early on.  There is just nothing of that in Trump, it's bizarre.  I think he might be a psychopath. People throw that word around, but the way he seems to take pleasure (and he even smiles sometimes) when he's bullying people is disturbing.

Are they really going to get this insane tax bill passed?

• Members

I think it's fair to initially post this here. While I am not shocked, there is almost a larger element here, in that so many men who are harassers and abusers, Halperin, Thrush, O'Reilly, Ailes, and now Lauer, are also those who have helped shaped that narratives out there including narratives around women. I know people will take issue with this but I can't forget how Halperin wrote not just about Elizabeth Edwards but also Sarah Palin. Now I can't stand her but her entire image was sexualized IMO and as soon as she became useless, they had no issue turning her into a joke. People like Edwards and Hilary Clinton have been shaped into hateful power hungry shrews by MEN.

On a side note a bit of justice  perhaps for Ann Curry also

• Members

Still waiting for Haberman to comment on Thrush. He's been torched, sure, but the code of silence from NY journalists about the scandal as well as the ex-Gawkerite manchildren who got accused of harassment in the last few months infuriate me. 

• Members

I've felt all along the tax bill would pass. It doesn't matter that today a mass number of CEO's have come out and said it won't incentivize them to do what's being claimed, this is payback to the Koch Brothers. And Trump. He's renigged on all his promises, but he doesn't care nor does his base which is another affirmation that it was never about economic anxiety. The people who were poor and lower class didn't vote for him anyway despite the claims.

Also there is no republican not even Susan Collins that can't be bought off apparently. For all her principled stance on healthcare,  she's also going to vote for this. All I can say is if you have investments make certain you have them some place secure. The worst part of all of this is there is no need for a boost for corporations. They are already cash heavy, the economy already has been improving for the past few years, so where is the dying need to allegedly do this? They talked about simplifying the code for everyone but while consumers lose deductions while gaining a doubling of the std deduction, corporations get a reduced tax rate and all the loop holes that exist today still in place. And small businesses are also the losers here.

Edited by JaneAusten

• Members

IA.  Especially in regards to HRC.  To me, it seems as if people (and women in particular) have finally begun to push back against the "crooked" narrative that has dogged her for decades.  They see what all the years of innuendo and outright lies have cost not just her but this country as a whole and they've said, "Enough"!

Edited by Khan

• Members

People have noted how low-key antagonistic Lauer has been in previous interviews with HRC while seeming obliging toward Trump (who has just accused Joe Scarborough of committing murder) in interviews.

In terms of the tax "plan" (for the richest), it has cleared the first hurdle in the process. What we can only hope is that pressure continues to mount and someone flakes right before/during the final vote on the Floor, as they've done with other venal  GOP legislative bills.

Many are complaining how exhausting it feels to try to agitate with calls, e-mails and tweets to get their elected officials to try to do the fair thing.

• Members

For those who want to come in here and start defending Britain First. This is not just right wing. These folks are KKK level radicals and Neo-Nazi's. Even UKIP has pushed them aside. They were also behind the murder of Jo Cox, the British MP last year, Brendan' s late wife. But hey no one remembers what Neo-Nazi's did in Charlottesville either when they murdered Heather Heyer.

• Members

I wish Twitter would suspend 45 for those tweets, but they won't.

I've also seen people complaining about how hard it is having to actually engage in democracy by calling their Congress people. My response is suck it up buttercups. Some people were doing this all along and the rest of us lazy asses should have been.  I refuse to try to make even a sip of lemonade from 45's election, but I will say I'll never take democracy for granted again.