Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

So DFA Howard Deans former group withdrew their support for Northam in Virginia. Now I will say they never endorsed him

http://www.newsweek.com/ralph-northam-virginia-governor-election-701625

all the news news this past week, Tulsi Gabbards comments, Brazile’s rigging talk from her book, Warren also supporting this rigged narrative, even Ellison’s comments, is making me wonder if there is a contingent deliberately trying to sabotage the Governors race in Virginia to remove Perez as head of the DNC.  Interesting the timing on Braziles book is right in,line with the election. And this coming week is when that fraud Unity Commission is meeting to report on reforms to the DNC. I’ve also been suspicious of how weak Perez’z support has been for African American women.

Edited by JaneAusten

• Members

I've more or less unfriended them all, even in real life. Unfortunately, my husband has not done the same.  I'm breaking bread with a Republican for the first time in about 6 months tomorrow. Let's just say I'll be hitting the mimosas hard because this guy is a real tool, although not a Trumper.

We saw just the other day why communicating via twitter is so dangerous. What if someone hacks his account instead of deleting it? They could claim we're attacking North Korea or who knows what disaster could occur.

http://thehill.com/homenews/news/358756-guilty-verdict-handed-down-in-murder-of-iowa-gender-fluid-teen

How sad is it that I thought Sessions had sent someone to help the defense, when I read this? In reality he sent a hate crimes expert. I can hardly believe he did the right thing.

• Members

It's unlikely that the DOJ will file hate charges since Iowa has ruled this with a murder charge and a jury found the first defendant guilty. Sessions likely already knew this would happen since there are no hate crimes statutes in Iowa.

This looks like a superficial show of law and order on the part of the DOJ.

• Members

God knows Hillary isn't among my all-time favorites, but people REALLY need to lay off the woman.  Whatever "offenses" she might have committed are more than in the past and (AFAIK) beyond the scope of authority for our justice system.  Trump Nation keeps accusing the other side of refusing to get over the fact that Trump won and she lost; but really, to me, it's more the other way around.  They're the ones who keep bringing it up.

• Members

people are so brain dead and hateful, that the only thing that gives them any joy in their miserable lives is talking about a woman who's sitting at home right now. Like Rick Wilson said..."The republicans won't be satisfied until Pres. Clinton is impeached....even though she lost the election and is NOT POTUS." peole HATE that woman so much. Now, she is NOT the person I would have preferred as POTUS, but she would have been 1000 times better than the idiot that is in there now....but they can't seem to get past that. sound like the same people who demand that EJ return to DOOL, even though James Scott left the show and won;t come back...

GET OVER IT! DAMN!!

• Members

The GOP is likely trying to divert attention away from that godawful tax reform bill that they're trying to push through, hoping no one will look at it.

The House GOP Tax Reform bill is so bad, I've read that critics fear it will depress the numbers of those who pursue higher education, especially graduate studies as it threatens to eliminate the school loan payment credit. What do they care, as they clearly want a permanent underclass. As Trump once said he loves the poorly educated and it should be evident as to why-- the poorly educated don't command good wages or good salaried positions.  The corporations can continue to build wealth for their CEOs while barely paying their workers--Trump Inc. included.

LOL.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

By the way, this "lecture" that Ivanka Trump presented in Japan was very sparsely attended. On the news, cameras caught the rows upon rows of empty seats. 

You know when there are so few people that everyone pushes to the front to make things look more full at the front? Yeah, that type of empty. 

Organizers tried to say that not everyone could get in but reporters who were there said that they saw no lines of people waiting to get in. At all.

• Members

The right wing media has done a great job of making her the ultimate boogyman.  I don't think I've ever seen someone so thoroughly demonized. It's insane.  I even fell for it in a low level way. I never hated her, but I was starting to resent her for doing things that every candidate does. This was  at the beginning of primary season. Luckily, I came to my senses and saw through it.

Meanwhile, she is the perfect deflection for Trump. No matter what he does some believe Hillary would have been worse. As if anything a private citizen has done justifies what the actual president has done. Also notice that no matter how many lies Trump has told people bring up that one time Obama lied about the ACA. As if that one lie (and he did, I won't deny it) justifies the hundreds of bald face lies Trump tells.