Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

You have to wonder about the polling. I kept hearing the MSM and how dismal they were about VA yet there was so much activity in the state in terms of volunteers for weeks. The margin Northam won by was greater than any candidate in the past 30 years. And I think Northam while a decent man and candidate ran a rather lackluster campaign.

I went through the training a few weeks back to become a CAC(an assister) who helps people enroll and even in Illinois, I had no clue that you could actually enroll in a marketplace plan and be eligible enough for Premium tax credits to pay nothing. Lots of things people don't realize. Good for you for getting it.

• Members

It shows the importance of running people in as many seats as possible. And of the party supporting and encouraging diversity, as the winners were a very diverse group - a lot of women, Asian-American, Latina, black, lgbt, etc. 

One of the winners was the boyfriend of the reporter who along with a cameraman was shot to death on-air.

http://www.roanoke.com/news/politics/general_assembly/a-life-turned-upside-down-led-chris-hurst-to-politics/article_34e544f0-bb57-11e7-b610-67c6c0d82ab3.html

• Members

So the state of Maine had an referenda on the ballot to expand Medicaid

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/mainers-set-vote-expand-medicaid-50977139

This COULD be a model for states that have chosen not to expand it. Why?

Apparently the MOST consistent issue voters shared across all the races tonight - Healthcare was number 1

• Members

That doesn't surprise me, or that guns was number two.  At the end of the day, all the dog whistles over "issues" like whether one should stand up for or salute the flag are just that: dog whistles.  

Edited by Khan

• Members

On the one hand, it makes sense.  Democrats know Black women will not vote Republican (especially now, after Charlottesville).  However, what they might fail to realize is that Black women could still vote third-party or just plain stay home.

I still save money by buying my regular prescription drugs at Sam's Club.  However, for the past year, I've stressed a tad more than usual about developing a disease that would require medical tests or lengthy hospital stays.

Edited by Khan

• Members

It’s cute how the Republicans are acting like they didn’t devote millions of dollars and thousands of hours of manpower into this race. Now the narrative from the GOP hacks is that Virginia is a Solid blue state and there’s nothing Democrats should be celebrating.

Meanwhile they nearly took over the House of Delegates after having a 32 seat deficit from the Republicans and Trump was sending out frantic, incoherent robo calls yesterday.

Please register in order to view this content

I strongly believe that Kamala Harris will be on the 2020 ticket. Either as Joe Biden’s VP or as the Presidential nominee. She has a path to the nomination. I’m honestly considering voting for her if she runs in the primary. 

• Members

Or I saw one on CNN this morning acting like they lost because their agenda isn't getting through!

Please register in order to view this content

No man, it's because people have seen your agenda in action and are repelled by it.

I would also vote for Kamala. And before you start Marceline, I don't give a fig about the people of California. Just kidding, I do, but I care about the Republic a lot more. We are in desperate times and California may just have to make the sacrifice.