Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

The full Biden foreign policy press conference got me emotional and is worth watching. Kerry especially is an American hero who was treated shamefully in '04, and he's always been stronger when in office and not micromanaged by scared party operatives.

• Members

I know AOC's not everyone's favorite person and she's not always mine, either. But she has a gift for certain framing. The Dems need to let her go on TV and keep saying this 24 hours a day, and they need to follow her lead with the rest of their people, bc leaving this media war up to Wolf Blitzer or snarky little Republican weasels like Jake Sherman who viscerally despise Pelosi is not going to cut it:

• Members

Nope. She's a weapon that gets used against us. We need to stay focused on Georgia and having her in front of the camera will only be a liability to Warnock and Ossoff. There are plenty of other Dems who can deliver that message. Also, calling out McConnell should probably come from senators who are better at message discipline.

Edited by marceline

• Members

I notice that media darlings like Marco Rubio, Matt Gaetz and Josh Hawley are posturing about being anti-war (they aren't) and trying to work up outrage about Biden having Harvard, Yale, etc. graduates in his Cabinet. It's all mostly an attempt to get social media accolades and protective posturing as brave and bold for when Senate Republicans block a lot of Biden's Cabinet nominees.

I don't know if the "acting" designation can still be used (or if the courts will even allow it now that a Democrat is in the White House), but hopefully Biden's legal people are ready to gear up.

• Members

They all paid their way in and through by their parents.  Not a one probably attended class.

Meanwhile - go Me - I actually got accepted into a Harvard Business Certificate Program this week.  Online learning but then reality hit.  17 modules and 3 cold calls (POP QUIZ!) will be required.  I was like...wait a minute.  I thought this would be a TedTalk.  Nope.  The shi* got real.  I'm 50 years old almost 51 but thought, if people can make their kids learn online and I'm helping nieces and nephews with Algebra and Geometry then lemme just give this a whirl.  Now I'm in for a whirl.  LOL.