• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I smell a cover-up.

I knew this would happen.  I knew the minute they got the FBI to investigate, the WH and/or Senate would figure out a way to make their task impossible.  It's bad enough they get only one week.  But, now, the FBI will likely uncover nothing, b/c the WH has rigged it that way; and although it's sickeningly unethical, it's also perfectly legal.

What. A. Joke.

Honestly, I'm about as checked out as Ashley Kavanaugh appears to be (yet again) in the above picture.

Edited by Khan

• Members

It's the old adage: "Be careful what you wish for."

People wanted an FBI investigation so badly, but it never occurred to them that the WH, through the counsel's office, could still set the parameters.  I, myself, didn't realize as much, but I knew that if Trump wanted Kavanaugh in SCOTUS so badly, he'd find a way to make this investigation as toothless as possible.

It'll take an act of God (or, yes, Robert Mueller) to stop that man from being confirmed.

Otherwise...?  If he gets in there, and we learn that he's guilty of so much as an unpaid parking ticket, @marceline and one of my FB friends are right: there's going to be violence.

Edited by Khan

• Members

Trump tweeted that the story is a lie and that they can investigate whatever they see fit. Some are saying that’s legally binding since the White House has said his twitter statements are official. Of course I put nothing past them so we will see what happens. Regardless a week simply doesn’t seem enough unless they really get all their offices involved. 

• Members

I think many had a feeling this could happen, they are just trying to drag out as much as they can in case something else comes out. Kavanaugh being confirmed has always been a lock, unfortunately. It's just about trying to find some hope, however thin the hope is. At the very least fighting back this much gave such a clear picture to America of just how craven the GOP and Kavanaugh is thanks to those hearings. 

(I know some have said the whole thing has "galvanized" the right, but those voters were coming to the polls no matter what)