Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I cannot say how much I detest the media. Of course it's all "rah rah" Jeff Flake. Maybe he was despondent over that woman who confronted him with her rape story.

I will never ever ever credit any of these GOPers for moving the needle one bit in a positive way when you have to do backflips to get them to pay one bit of attention.  And the outrage from someone like Lindsay Graham is laughable after their behavior on Merrick Garland.

I am also DONE hearing about Collins. Just STFU about her. 

• Members

She absolutely deserves to be heard. What is the excuse for excluding her?

https://

twitter.com/RBReich/status/1045761718482157568

I think his never Trump stance hurt him with rural Nebraska, but he'll continue to be elected here I think. Deb Fischer is even worse if that's possible. She never steps out of line. She may be a woman, but not for second did I think Ford's testimony would move her.

• Members

You know what I like about sitcoms?  No matter how crazy things become, you know that, in thirty minutes, it's over.  (Unless it's a two-parter.  Or a special one-hour episode. Or one of the increasing number of those with continuing storylines -- I hate those.)

Conversely, I'm beginning to detest soap operas, because now I know what it feels like when [!@#$%^&*] keeps going...and going...and going....

Edited by Khan

• Members

The whole thing reminds me of when John Mulaney is asked about how great it must be for comedians in the Trump era.

It's at the end but basically:

"People say, 'You couldn't write this stuff.' Yeah, you could, but you wouldn't want to and no one would wanna see it. 'I'm writing a movie about a demented game show host who takes over the United States. Wanna see it? Oh also...it has NO ending."

• Members

Mulaney hit the nail on its head.  If this were happening on any drama series, daytime or primetime, I'd bail.

America in 2018 is what happens when Maria Arena Bell, Ron Carlivati, Josh Griffith, Bob Guza, Jr., Dena Higley, David Kreizman, Leah Laiman, Tom Langan, Megan McTavish, Jean Passanante, Charles Pratt, Jr. and Hogan Sheffer all write for the same show, with Jill Farren Phelps as their producer.

Someone needs to cancel this mess of a soap opera, and now.

Edited by Khan

• Members

Meanwhile, one of my FB friends just posted an article about the House passing more tax cuts.  I can't remember the exact number, but it was somewhere in the trillions.

No wonder Trump loves Kav so much.  They're both masters at the fine art of distraction.

Speaking as someone who did, in fact, stock shelves for a living, I would have to agree with this statement.

Edited by Khan