The Politics Thread

• Members

That I Will Remember You video is amazing, especially the Giuliani part. I was only familiar with him and Newt Gingrich before this [!@#$%^&*] show began, but good lord that whole group of surrogates is just the worst.

I'm also quite fond of this video. The woman with Brooke Baldwin that makes an appearance towards the end is just wow:

• Replies 42k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Toups is in Canada.

Ana Navarro was at it again on The View!  She got a standing O for saying she voted for Clinton because Trump was a bigot racist pig etc etc.....and they replayed her great CNN moments during the campaign.

• Members

I think it's worse than that. Like that Vox article I posted argued, we are seeing that the US is vulnerable to a demagogue. Trump was really easy to see through, but so many people don't. We are really lucky that he was so blatant about his disdain for Latinos and women and that AA's want nothing to do with him. 

• Members

I honestly think it's less about that and more about the strong man appeal. I know people have their opinions, but the one thing I am really appalled at in terms of coverage is how NO ONE has talked about gender as a factor. I worked in one of the most gender biased fields for years, technology, and I can't tell you how much the gender bias impacted my own career. I had to fight and claw for everything and work 10 times harder as one of my cubicle mates in my early years would play tetris on his computer all day. Hillary Clinton's biggest flaw is not her alleged lack of charisma, her elitism,  her so called lies, it's all of this multiplied by 1000 because of her gender. Tell me how this election would have done had Joe Biden run.

• Members

Maybe it is. I guess I don't look at it the same way, but in those terms I can see your point. But look at the democrats. Clinton won the nomination by over 4 million votes and there are still people crying about the nomination being stolen from Bernie. Obama and Clinton in 2008 had a much nastier primary season than Clinton Sanders but people expected her to cave in and give her support to Obama a heck of a lot sooner than Bernie supporters did for her. Same double standard applied to the male vs female. And yes she did the right thing by helping Obama and conceding when she did. Why wasn't the same expected for Sanders, who wasn't even a democrat before 2016.

OT

In Chicago turnout is expected to be at 79%. So far it's at 55%. And the largest voting block so far. People 18-29.

Edited by JaneAusten