SOD Headlines

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh my God - I really don't know whether to cringe, applaud, cry or laugh at that last line.

You nailed it, Marceline. No pun intended. I've held out hope as long as I possibly can, but after this, I'm just done. There's giving time for the story to evolve, and then there's just being taken advantage of, and that's pretty much how I feel as a viewer upon hearing this. Those who cry "Let's just see how it plays out!" can continue to do so (and I was one of the ones who said that a lot a few months ago, so yes - I am officially changing my tune, eating my words, whatever you want to call it), but this is no longer entertainment for me. Sorry.

• Members

Yes. It would be like hearing they were doing a sequal to "The Accused" but this time Jodi Foster's character wasn't going to remember anymore what happened and fall for one of the guys.

Well, RC's won. He's officially wrote the most offensive storyline ever. This tops ANYTHING on ABC now or ever.

He's won, and OLTL will be removed from the Season Pass tonight, because I refuse to support this insulting crap of a storyline. My last thing of caring about OLTL will be writing the show and the actors to tell them why I'm done with this. It make my blood boil with the message this horrific thing sends.

brimike, thanks for sharing your comments. It's good to see that the levels of horribleness does effect.

• Members

Honestly, everyone can shout "I told you so" as much as they want - but the truth is I don't regret giving the story a chance. In the beginning, I thought it was a fascinating study into the sick, tortured, oppressive, guilt-ridden, remorse-filled dynamic between two characters with decades of history between them. And I stand by that. But this thing took a left turn it NEVER should have taken, and it's officially gone from a controversial character study to a big ol' simultaneous slap-in-the-face-kick-in-my-groin.

• Members

EXACTLY! Thank you so much for saying this.

I gave this story a chance and enjoyed it for a time. I'm not going to turn around and shout "Oh I was wrong, you all were right, I take everything back!" because I feel it truly was intriguing and fascinating at first, it was to many people. But having them have sex is just too far. I watched the promo, and it makes me want to throw up. I'm really hoping that Ron can give an end to this story that will blow everyone's heads off, but again this is disgusting.

And this story better end soon after they have sex. John had better really find Marty and she had better actually remember and give Todd what he deserves. I can't take much more.

Oh, and the big question I have is how are they going to redeem Todd after all of this? Ever since March when Tomlin wrote the Cole/Starr story, he's been nothing but evil the whole time, committing many crimes against Starr, Cole, Blair, John, oh heck many people. And especially Marty. Todd hasn't ever been this evil, I don't think. At least not since he actually raped her. Honestly it seems like Todd is reaching the end of the line.

• Members

Seems to me that ABC is trying to kill their soaps. First Erica's historic abortion is reversed with an explanation that isn't even plausible medically in this day in age, transferring a planted embryo from one woman to another. I thought I would watch AMC till the day it died but that drove me away permanently.

Now Marty's going to have consensual sex with one of her rapists? I actually tuned in for that storyline but am glad not to have kept watching that soap. I guess they figure that if it worked for Luke and Laura on GH, why not Todd and Marty? Disgusting.

Archived