SOD Headlines

• Members

Trevor is a great actor. The problem is that he doesn't want to do another round of Todd & Blair. Who can blame him? Look at how Blair has continue to betray him over and over again.

As for this Marty & Todd story it is just awful. I can't believe that they are going to go there. I think it shows how badly that Trevor wants away from TnB. He mention that he was interested in doing a Todd & Marty storyline. I am just shocked though that they agreed. Marty is already having some of her memory coming back. I am sure that when she is having sex with Todd it will jog her memory of the rape with him. It's going to be awful. I don't know how Todd can recover.

I do think Tess's baby will die, it's a shame because I also agree that Starr's should not make it. The last thing we need is to showcase more teen mothers on TV. Granted she was giving the baby up for adoption, but does anyone really think she will let Marcy keep the baby?

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

WTF..Susan Haskell!!

Of all the people, I would expect her to be against this the most, this storyline made her career as a soap actress...her character was disliked before the rape, and she became a leading lady after this storyline happened. I would have expected her of all the people invovled in this story to be the first to speak up...Im so angry with OLTL and so disappointed with the actors and writer. I get their actors, but still I would think they would at least have some level of respect of the characters history and story.

And TSJ & RC...ugh...I never expected much from ReCycle..but I feel so in love with TSJ's portrayel of Todd and his eagerness for OLTL to pursue Tangeline and how he hated that DG & REG were let go, but now whatever.

I just can't believe this is really happening...I would have never expected this from OLTL.

• Members

I like Todd and Marty together. But, I did not want them to have sex! Them doing this is sick..and it ruins the little relationship they are building. Plus, I'm a Todd fan. And, this is destroying him even more. It's something that Marty will be able to throw back in his face when she finds out about their past. <_<

Ron needs to stop this bulls.hit. NOW.

• Members

I honestly could not blame Trevor, Ron, Kassie, or anyone who doesn't want another round of Todd and Blair. Honestly, I don't either. I used to enjoy them but now I tihnk Blair would be an idiot to go back. Not after what he did(and is planning on doing) to Starr, and she'd be full blown stupid if she ever goes back after she finds out what he's been doing to Marty.

But...just because Todd and Blair getting back together isn't necessary, doesn't mean Todd needs to hook up with the woman he brutally gang raped and tortured.

I honestly wish Marty would just leave again.

• Members

I think in the hands of a stronger writer this story could have worked better, and actually been compelling. It had mega potential, but the way its being handled is very juvenile and hollow. Trevor St. John does not have the passion, nor history, to carry this out successfully. Now, Howarth is far from the greatest actor, but his presence is sorely missed. It's still funny to me how Christina Chambers was let go, and Susan Haskell returned to play this travesty...

• Members

I am here! So which part are you waiting for me to freak about. ;)

Actually, I've been letting this roll around in my head most of the day, and taking what I refer to as the Scarlett O'Hara approach by choosing to "think about this tomorrow". I just CANNOT wrap my head around it. My thoughts are still bouncing around, refusing to gel, so I am just going to do a mind dump and lay all my conflicting emotions onto this page in hopes that something sensible will emerge in the process.

1. I must say this confirms what I've heard over and over again. Tptb consider infuriating and offending the viewers SUCCESS! The more we wail and rail and gnash our teeth, the better they think they're doing. As soon as Carlivati said he was surprised by the fan reaction -- I should have known they were going to go all the way with this because that's what Frons and Valentini have always done regardless of who the head writer is. We, the online community, shot ourselves in the foot. We should have shut our mouths, closed our eyes and pretended this was NOT happening. Nothing OLTL has done since the Jowars has generated this much discussion for the show and they will always milk the "buzz" for all they can. Somebody needs to remind them that Agnes Nixon's policy was "make them laugh, make them cry, make them wait". She said "WAIT" guys! Not Regurgitate!
  2. I still think this is a great story. Perhaps the GREATEST story that should NEVER be told on a soap opera. It would work well in a film. In fact, something about it reminds me of the movie "Unfaithful" ( http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0250797/ ). Maybe it's that with every step (don't go there), every choice (don't do that), you can see the unravelling of all you know to be right. The tension and the feeling in my gut are much the same. But that tension is bearable for two hours -- not for five freaking months or more. The other reason it doesn't work for a soap is we experienced Marty's rape and lived with the fallout for years. The rape wasn't something that happened in a flashback at the beginning of the movie to create context or to set up the story that was to be told. It's something that has been burned into our consciousness and been an integral part of our relationships with these fictional characters for fuhreakin years! In a genre that permits writers and viewers to make unreasonable leaps of logic (although that's probably the quintessential oxymoron) such as twins by different fathers, returns from the dead, SORASing, etc., there are certain places you simply cannot take these characters and this defines that place for me.
  3. I feel personally betrayed. It wasn't just a portion of the posters here who kept saying Carlivati wouldn't go "there". My interpretations of RC's remarks made me believe he really understood the line he was crossing. Clearly I was mistaken. From SOD's Fall Preview:

It's not that I don't get or understand the seriousness of putting these two characters together
, but I don't think we're in any way damaging Marty's character. This is not the same Marty and to me, it's fascinating to watch because you're wondering if and when it is all going to come tumbling down."

I am still waiting for the tumbling down part, and it can't come soon enough.

4. Finally, I do not concur that Ron is the hackiest hack that ever hacked. He's done some brilliant work since he took the helm as head writer, and just as nothing he's written will ever erase this fiasco, this fiasco cannot erase what preceded it, or any new stories he may write in the future. His brilliant work stands alone and is none-the-less brilliant IMO. But never in my life have I craved "inside information" as much as I do at this moment. I would happily sacrifice one of my kidneys to know how a bunch of reasonably intelligent people had a discussion that led them to the conclusion that this was a good idea, and that sex between a rapist and his victim could possibly be considered a "payoff"? :huh:

Now excuse me while I insert my thumb in my mouth and retreat to my "happy place" replete with unicorns, leprechans, pretty butterflies and rainbows and most importantly where this IS NOT HAPPENING.

• Members

perhaps the best quote ever? i think so...

I agree. We have simi discussed this in fact.

yes! you are so right. Whwen i first staretd watching this storylines thats exactly how i felt and thats exactly how that movie made me feel!

But that really does happen! Lol. I agree with what you are saying tho.

Archived