SOD Headlines

• Members

Damn, I had forgotten all about that until you said it! You're so right!!!! Wow, that puts a whole new angle on this. Makes even less sense now.

ETA: Although to be fair, they pulled it because there WAS a school shooting right before it was going to air. So it was all over the news. Apparently, unless this just happened in real life, they don't think we should be sensitive to it.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

And those episodes were taped and ready to air....I think OLTL is playing games with everyone- we all know they're capable of pulling things when they want to remain sensitive to their viewers-

and I doubt they got as much backlash for the possibility of that story line...They obviously wanted to air these episodes, and are banking on them being successful.

• Members

You have to admit they are a very sexy couple though.

I know I would forgive him, not to mention that he looks 100 times hotter than the Todd who raped her.. lol Plus he is buying her all these beautiful things...

And BTW a find a Forrester-Logan party on B&B far more offensive where everybody has slept with everybody else.

Todd and Marty are the most interesting soap opera couple in ages.. I love them and I guess other people love them too.

• Members

Heaven forbid people be upset by a rapist manipulating his former GANG rape victim, and on top of that mind raping her, and keeping her from her family and friends.

Please don't tell people how they should feel. This storyline is sick and disgusting and I hope it's FINALLY what gets Carlavati fired, but unfortunately I doubt it will, cause Frons is probably getting his rocks off on this crap.

Uh no actually I don't, I don't find anything sexy about a rapist and his victim

• Members

You know, if Trevor was playing his conscience for even one second, I could see what this plot point is happening off of - but it all seems so manipulative (in how he's playing it, not just talking about how it's written), that the whole "you're better off without me" line doesn't seem genuine. It just seems like he's using reverse psychology on her. The way it's written in the article Alvin posted above, I could almost see it - if we really saw this inner struggle in Todd. But he comes across as having planned this all along.

• Members

I love when people pull the "it's fiction" card. We all know it's fiction. We are commenting on that fiction.

Do you see the irony of posting on an internet message board devoted to soap operas and accusing people of taking the show too seriously? Using your reasoning this site shouldn't exist at all because its all just silly fiction. How many people in your life know you watch - let alone discuss - soaps? If it's all so trivial then maybe you should post on a board dedicated to a subject more serious and worthy of discussion like cosmic string theory or the latest developments in product liability law.

• Members

IMO, the big failing in this story - aside from the fact that it spits in the face of history and common decency - is that the audience hasn't been privy to Todd inner process. There's nobody on screen to show the audience what Todd is thinking. In past stories, (better) writers have found a way to show the audience what the hell was going on in Todd's head whether through Starr, Viki, Evangeline or even Moose. (This story needs a parrot.)

But in the F(Ron)sverse its all about wanting the pretty people to screw.

• Members

I'm sure the angle that will be sold is what has always been written here but rarely performed by TSJ - that Todd's twisted mind views his new relationship with Marty as some cathartic emotional process where he can deal with his issues and his past and move forward. In Todd's mind, Marty taking him as a lover (WHILE SHE HAS BRAIN DAMAGE!!!!) changes them and changes their history forever. But unfortunately none of Todd's insane perspective on this justifies anything he does or allows the audience to sympathize with him. And as it is, the writing has been too surface for him because they don't seem able or willing to let TSJ plumb the depths. Overall it's just grotesque. After he does this, he is an animal and needs to be put down. There are also too many people in Llanview who love Marty who would never let him live. And that's not even getting to Blair or Tea or Starr.

I suppose they could salvage his character with some long drawn-out therapy arc. But why should I care? Who's to say in 15 years they don't do it again? Who's next? Starr? Blair? How can you ever do another time-honored "Todd ruminates on his past at the crypt" scene where people sit around telling him oh, Todd, you're not Victor, you've changed, you've grown. Yes. We all see how he's grown.

• Members

As I said earlier, I don't see how Ron or ANY, and I mean any, HW could save Todd now. He's gone too far. I mean I'm sure they'll find a way out of it(whether its a good or bad way is a different story) but in my eyes, this is the end for him.

Archived