B&B: Week of October 06, 2008

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've noticed that they have connected the stories more lately, but still ... I wonder if I'm just bored of these characters myself.

I know it's off topic, but I have to ask. Is Y&R worth watching these? How's Sheffer's writing? Outside of a few peeks here and there, I haven't watched the show since Dru was shoved off that cliff and the show and I probably won't start watching again unless Ms. Rowell comes back ... unless it's really, really good.

• Members

LOL at Brooke telling Taylor she doesn't have the best marriage record! Huge missed opportunity for Taylor to let Brooke have it.

And why in the world was Donna making threats to crazy Pammy when she has a gun.

And Steffy continued to look very Taylor Jr today, especially when they're in back-to-back scenes.

• Members

Did you see Jack Wagner's take on all of this. He is agreement with us, albeit more forgiving. These are just B&B snippets, but the full interview has nice nuggets on Melrose Place, Heather Locklear....

On Nick as "seedman"

On the retcon "beach sex" with Katie:

On Nick and his momma, as well as actress Leslie-Anne Down

On desired future direction:

On working with Katherine Kelly Lang

On working with Heather Tom

On working with Ashley Jones

VERY interesting quotes on working with Hunter Tylo. I don't even know what this means. It sounds like she goes off script and just improvises whatever the heck she wants??

• Members

What's also interesting is that JW used to rave that one of the main reasons he took the job on B&B was the interaction he had with Brad Bell on how Nick's story progressed. He felt like he could bring feedback on the story back to Brad and see that reflect in the scripts. It sounds like HT is just bringing the same kind of personal take, just in a different way. Maybe that's why he says it's not really a bad thing, just different. It's not the what he's used to, but he feels like it works.

• Members

JW is emotionally checked out. Other sources say he comes in, shoots his stuff, and takes right off. No socializing, no hanging out. I'm sure that is why his dressing room is so stark.

I guess between his boys and his troubled girlfriend, he has enough on his plate. He sure looks tired. So, maybe like the Eileen Davidson of a few years ago, he's really not CARING about the the show or his role right now...and he is letting Brad write whatever he wants. Which makes me wish he would return to the involved, co-creating actor he once was. Because Seedman's character REALLY needs help!!!!!

• Members

One could get whiplash with the way this show constantly changes partners. So now Taylor is back in love with Ridge? This came out of nowhere. Im guessing Ridge and Taylor will hook up which will send Brooke back in Nick's arms so that Katie can become jealous of them and their son. How predictable. And so much for her truce with Brooke which lasted like 2 days.

I hate that they've turned Pam into Sheila. She was fun at first but they've gone overboard with her

• Members

In Eileen's case, she stopped caring because she felt the writers had lost touch with Ashley as Bill Bell wrote her. That's why she was glad that Brad Bell brought back the Ashley his dad wrote when she came to B&B. So after several years of Alden and Smith not getting it, she stopped caring, and it probably became worse under LML if the rumors that she let Eileen go because she just didn't "get" Ashley were true. In JW's case, though, he always thought Brad "got" Nick until Nick became the seed-man. I wonder if there was something - like his voicing his opinion to Brad about seed-man and not seeing resullts, or possibly Kay Alden's presence as co-HW - that has JW deciding that he doesn't have the same connection and thus is just going along with the scripts?

Archived