B&B: Week of October 06, 2008

• Members

I didn't see the show a lot in Sept so missed seeing her with the darker hair, and I answered bandbfan's question the best way I knew how.

Now that you mention it I think her is a lot shorter then the last time I saw her.....

Here's a clip I found from 9/17 and her hair was a lot longer......

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That clip shows that the casting directors did a good job with Steffy. She looks very believable as Taylor's daughter...But also someone should show Jack Wagner this so he cuts that mop off..Or has he already? I haven't watched in a month or so.

• Members

I firmly believe that it isn't Kay or Jack in the driver's seat at B&B. Kay, if she indeed is Co-HW (it hasn't appeared in the credits, she's still listed under Minnis) is simply executing Brad's ideas. Jack, well honestly I don't think his scripts are all that bad at all...I enjoy the melodramatic Y&R style dialog, I always have. When Kay was Interim HW during the strike the show was really good, so I think it's clear that she isn't in charge (of course, it stands to reason that she wasn't in charge then because I don't buy for one hot minute that Brad wasn't sending in outlines and notes)

My problem with the show is that it's too serious. It needs more fashion! That said it's still enjoyable.

• Members

I watched Friday's episode for the first time in over a month. God, the show is so bad. It's not even campy. It is just lacklustre.

I cannot believe how little I felt for Katie when she lost her baby. B&B pulled out the Very Sad String Music and all but it all felt overdone. The dialogue was boring, predictable, forgettable. Nick had a look on his face like "OK, how quickly can I get back with Brooke?" He seems to dump a lot of women based on their inability to bear his child.

I tried to laugh at Marcus getting bit by a snake -- and Donna's reaction -- but that, too, felt lacklustre. Jennifer Gareis has not improved as an actress and I cannot believe Donna is driving most of the stories on the show. Plus, in those outdoor scenes, her make-up (esp. those colored-in eyebrows) is really noticeably thick.

B&B seems to have caught GL-itis. It got so enamoured of the idea of shooting outdoors that it just forgot about script. Sometimes we get random scenes on the Forrester roof/gym/loading bay (obviously not the snake-biting scene) and they might as well have some banner in the background, saying "OMG, you guys, look! We're shooting outside!"

• Members

BWAHAHAHAHA!!! That crazy Pam. I thought she was gone for good.

This show has been one HOT MESS!!! They've seriously ran out of ideas and don't know what the heck to do with ANYONE anymore and it is so OBVIOUS! The writers are phoning it in big time.

• Members

Respectfully, no.

She highlights all that is wrong with the show....an intriguing character with deep family ties, sacrificed on the altar of plot-plot-plot. Over the top campiness, but not in a good way.

I miss the days of good B&B.

• Members

The whole Pam thing is very Shelia-esque now. I liked how she tied it back to Stephanie's troubled past with her parents, though. At least there appears to be some kind of motive. I think the timing of this is all off though. It makes Eric look very waffle-ly and stupid, going back and forth, saying he doesn't care about what he saw, but then that he was done with her, and back again. They should've had this Pam threat come up before Eric found out about Donna and Owen.

• Members

Word.

Although the writers have not run out of ideas, it's more the execution which puts new meaning to p i s s-p o o r writing. <_< The pacing is ludicrous even in stories/involving characters which you don't despise to the fullest. Seriously, if B&B weren't my #1 baby I would have kicked it into the curb this Summer. Everything which I consider an utmost failure (stupid plotpoints, no pacing, no feeling, cheap dialogue) drove me away from GH some years ago. It's like a deja-vu of seeing a trainwreck.

Alike of GH, the potential is there (needless to say that Guza/Phelps/Frons managed to trash it a lot further down the road...) which makes it even more frustrating. A show can be just plain bad (like when LML headed Y&R solely with family and house personnel) so that you can bid it a teery farewell but being drawn into still watching utter crap gaining some hope and still being disappointed is hard...

That said, I'm currently watching mid-September episodes which, dare I say, are shockingly good. It's not that they are re-inventing the wheel but it's just not too bad since Eric awoke from his coma. Lots of family interaction *gasp* Eric has other children than bastard son Ridge or doctor Bridget – OMG *gasp*, even Beth made a visit to Eric. *gasp* use of history, three months late but still *gasp* Stephanie and Brooke sparing over Eric and Donna... Basically everything that doesn’t involve Nick & Katie is bearable. The baby Jack stuff is unoriginal but so far done ok and I accept it as logical consequence of Taylor’s insecurity out of raising Rosemary’s ahem Brooke’s baby. Most importantly though the stories are now linked and characters are having actual dialogue discussing feelings/impact and such drivel. A-mazing.

LMAO at Thorne playing watch-dog with the walkie-talkie to prevent intruders like Donna to enter the holy Forrester premises. Since B&B is written much further in advance it’s fair to say that Y&R bought this idea from B&B now that Victor is having the Newman Ranch patrolled in the same manner in those episodes I’m currently watching...

I don’t expect the B&B “momentum” (sad at how little I’m to please...) to keep going especially as I’ve heard of Katie’s miscarriage. Will be interesting seeing Heather Tom losing another baby on TV but I don’t expect it to be nearly as heartbreaking as when she lost a child as Y&R’s Victoria back in 1998...

Archived