Melrose Place Spinoff: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Members

I'm sorry, but I would take a million Amanda's over one Michael. I like Michael...But Amanda actually has a purpose on the show, Michael is something of a bore lately. He is a real skeeze. Amanda's blackmailing is at least fun and juicy, while Michael just comes off as a heartless, cold, life ruining bastard who treats his very likeable son like DIRT.

She played a cop (can't remember the name)...She was investigating the drugs at West Bev, back when Audrina was still on crack. She came undercover as a student, and caused a scandal when she was scene kissing Ryan Matthews, even though it didnt really matter since she wasnt REALLY a student. I believe she was in a couple episodes with Brenda, though I don't think they shared scenes.

I agree. I think Melrose PLace is the obvious choice for cancellation because it has the lowest numbers...BUT the numbers arent THAT far from 90210s latest numbers...And with the audience the show DOES have is very faithful, and according to something i read online, the show has a much bigger intenational audience, so it could be safe.

I love me some LUX and OTH but i think MP is much more intriguing, to be honest.

I agree. they could do the original more justice, but the way they incorporate the older shows events into the new show, and the nice blending in of Amanda, Michael, Jo and even Jane and Sydney, really gives the show depth.

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh, I remember that story now but I didn't realize it was the Riley actress. She seemed about ten years older on that show.

So I wasn't a big fan of tonight's finale. The Sydney/Ella/Amanda stuff never fully reaches its potential, and they continue to shove Jonah and Riley down our throats. They should have been written out, not Violet and Auggie. Not happy with the predictable direction David's story is taking either. And I don't feel sorry for Drew. I hope Michael Mancini makes his life a living hell.

• Members

Well, it seemed the show finally got it's feet...in the last episode.

I enjoyed it, a lot happened...which did come off as very rushed...but it was understandable because this episode either serves as the cliffhanger if there's a second season or the series finale.

Quite honestly, either way, I'm satisfied.

I got a bitch slap between Amanda and Ella. I got Ella one upping Amanda. I got Amanda strutting out of her office in handcuffs looking sexy in that dress (anyone else notice that Ella's final outfit was similar to Amanda's first outfit, a foreshadow?). I got Jonah and Riley caving into their mushy love. I got Drew and Lauren blowing Michael's defective valve out of the water with the added little twist that Drew has one in him (though it isn't really the doomed existence the writing tells us, he could have the valve replaced followed by a blood cleansing). I got David and the predictable nonsense story with his poor little rich girl.

Basically, I got a finale that sort of tied up all the loose ends, made sense of the show and was generally watchable.

All in all, I got what I paid for.

I would like to see this show get a second season, with new show runners. But if that doesn't happen, I'm satisfied.

• Members

Having seen the entire season, I can safely say the first two thirds (the Ashlee Simpson era) were the best part of the show. The 2010 episodes have been lacklustre at best. Hope it gets another season and a chance to make things right, though.

• Members

Really? I still find it boring. i didn't see a shift really, it felt more like when a soap is between writers. Nothing really happened. No fireworks or catfights. It's been a letdown. I'm two weeks behind, but the finale sounds crap. So Amanda got arrested? Was that the big cliffhanger? Did Sydney really return in any fashion? i don't mind being spoiled when the show sucks so fill me in.

• Members

joanh tried to get with riley who denied him. she told nick zano and he told her he has a hart condition and is dying.

david/lauren got together, she found out about the other girl then got over it.

joanh told ella, she left him. ella got the paiting amanda is after and amanda jocked on it but ella had her followed and took pictures of her selling it. she went to the agency to get blackmail money from amanda for the paiting, and amanda told her the deal is off, then amanda flipped and showed amanda the pictures of her selling the stolen art and the feds came and arrested amanda. ella told her the partners have put her in charge.

the amanda/ella thing was the only point.

• Members

I've always liked Michael, but honestly, Michael only works when he has a strong female counterpart (on the original show this included Sydney, Kimberly, Taylor, Lexi, Megan, Amanda and Jane). He never had an interesting storyline that just revolved around him, it was always about the many women in his life. Like I've posted a few weeks before, they should have used Vanessa (Brooke Burns) more and made her a series regular instead of killing her off. I just don't buy Michael as a loving dad, proctecting his son and all. On the original, when Taylor left town with Michael Jr., Michael didn't even try to track her down.

• Members

I wish I could believe that this show can be fixed, i.e. that someone will realise these two suck and need replacement. Not just of any kind, but top notch talent. Which today I have no idea who is. :mellow: And which is why I think this show is kind of scr*wed. :ph34r:

+1.

Archived