Melrose Place Spinoff: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Members

It saddens me to say, but yes yes yes. :( I tried the same--the irony too is I actually found Auggie, for instance, somewhat more interesting than other characters (and not just cuz I have a crush on Colin E) and he's gone, etc, etc.

But really, I think the show was doomed back when someone decided it should be developped by writers from Smallville. I mean... I know he's not beloved or anything but this is what Charles Pratt shoulda been doing instead of AMC--to name just one better choice...

• Members

I still enjoy this show.

I'm actually dreading the revamp, what I like about NuMP is that it is dark and snarky like the original. The revamp very well may wipe away everything I enjoy. We'll just have to see, I don't think the show is long for this world.

• Members

It was horrible. I dont see why they held this episode off as it should have aired months ago. I couldnt beleive only 1 day had pass. The way they wrote out Auggie and Violet was pretty bad. I dont get the Amanda/Ella story. Where are they going with Lauren? Im getting sick of Riley and Jonah's fighting and making up. It was cute in the beginning...not so much anymore

• Members

I think 90210 is better than it. It has more focus and structure. With that said, I dont think MP is as bad as most do. I just thought this was a poor episode to return to. They built up some momentum before it went on hiatus and it seems as if thats fallign apart

• Members

I didn't like the change in tone of the show. All the attempts at humor fell flat. And I didn't get Michael's revenge plot against David. Wouldn't it make more sense to get Lauren to sleep with him and have David find out about it? That would make him hurt the most, not Luaren ending their relationship.

• Members

I thought this episode was ALOT better than the last. They should have aired last week's before the hiatus and come back to this

So now Jonah is officially with Ella? The Billy/Amanda comparisons continue. I wonder if she will end up pregnant.

I like the new guy. I think I prefer him with Lauren. I just knew Michael would be her client

I think he's trying to play it smart. He does have his career to think about. She is one of his interns and he is her superior. I dont think he wants to put himself in a position where she has something to hold over him. He's been accused of sexual harassment in the past and nearly lost everything. Lauren seems alot smarter than some of the bimbos he's messed with abd he doesnt want to give her any power

• Members

For all the fuss the CW execs made about changing the tone, I didn't notice a helluva lot. If anything, this episode was closer to the snarky fun of the original MP.

The only attempts at humor I saw were the ones that were meant to be grating as all hell (Jonah and Riley and the director, I was rolling my eyes right along with Ella).

What the shows missing, though I know it dates me horribly, is the 90s guitar riffs that the original MP had that would set the mood for any dramatic moment. When Amanda found out she was broke I began to wish that Heather and Richie Sambora hadn't got divorced, the guitar riff he could have done for that moment...

Heather's looking way better and her line delivery is back to signature Amanda. Her Botox/fillers settled nicely.

Archived