Days of Our Lives has been renewed!

• Members

DAYS FANS REJOICE!

Days of Our Lives has been renewed!

An inside source has revealed exclusively to Daytime Royalty that NBC and Sony have worked out a 2 year deal that will keep "Days Of Our Lives," NBC's longest-running daytime drama, on the air through May 2011. No details of the deal or when the announcement will be made public, but expect it very soon.

The show will celebrate its 43rd anniversary on Nomember 8, 2008.

Congratulations to the cast and crew!

http://s7.zetaboards.com/DaytimeRoyalty/topic/8025390/1/#new

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Let me quote myself here because I want people to hear this and I am an egomaniac:

Frankly, I say give the show to Michael Malone. Malone is a great writer who often fails without safeties in place, but even without any safeties, at his most OTT on OLTL or AW (Mitch, ghosts, cursed diamonds, dreams, psychic powers, cursed mummies, etc), he is still more down to earth and family oriented than any other Days writer in over ten years. He could provide a mix of whimsical fantasy, operatic action and intrigue, and family drama and make people who watch Days for any and all of those happy. His plotting for OLTL in 2003 and 2004, while wretched for us OLTL fans, would have worked well at DAYS IMO.

Archived